Jan 04 EAD

chicago_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi has anyone got EAD's approved lately. I applied for my EAD on Jan 6th 2004. Anyone from Dec or Jan got EAD approved?

waiting

I am new to this group.

Filed Concurrent I-140, I-485, I-765 and I-131
for spouse (dependent) I-485, I-765 and I-131

All have RD 12/23/2003 and ND 12/30/2003. (NSC) (EB3)

Haven't heard anything. Online status is the old "rcvd your application....taking xxx to yyy days...".

One quesion for the group.

Does the I-140 have to be approved to get the EAD? Getting an EAD would help a lot specially to my wife who is on H-4. My H-1 is still valid for another three years and I am not intending to use my EAD till my I-140 gets approved anyway.

Thanks.

You don't need approved I140 to get your EAD.
you will get soon. Don't worry.
Normally it takes 3 months now a days.
Good Luck.

One more thing using EAD/AP by your wife will effect your H1B.
You will not have H1B status.
Discuss with your lawyer.

Thanks Bakra for your response.

I will talk to my lawyer about my status when my wife uses her EAD. Although, from what I read on this forum and other forums, I was under the impression that it would not have affected my status. I may be wrong, and as you suggested, I will check it with my lawyer.

Thanks.

Hi ,
I think we got a little side tracked from my original question.
How long is it taking to get EAD ? Did anyone from Dec or Jan get EAD's approved?

chicago_gc
Post these kind of Q on EAD and AP issues and mention service center.

I'm waiting for my EAD Renewal as well filed in 1st wk of Jan 02' 2004 and RD is 9th Jan. Should come by mid of March 04 if no RFE.

musiclover:-
If you wife uses EAD it doesn't AFFECT your status at all.
but go ahead discuss with your lawyer for peace of mind. I don't discuss until I have to coz she charges $350/hr and 1 minute conversation alone costs me $6.

:D :rolleyes:

Originally posted by musiclover
Thanks Bakra for your response.

I will talk to my lawyer about my status when my wife uses her EAD. Although, from what I read on this forum and other forums, I was under the impression that it would not have affected my status. I may be wrong, and as you suggested, I will check it with my lawyer.

Thanks.

i dont believe that your status is affected by your wife using EAD. you will still be in a Valid H1B.

EAD Approved

Hello,

I applied for EAD renewal, on Jan 12th 2004, got approved on Feb 11, recieved card today.

The new EAD is valid from April 24th, when the old EAD expires, for a duration of one year.

Thanks

musiclover:

u said:-
As per online message approved on 02/18/04 for both me and my wife. AP still pending, filed on same day.

was ur wife working on 1st EAD ??? I applied mine & wife's together; mine approved and her's not yet. Trying to figure out the reason. Online message is still normal that rcvd ur app etc....

do reply this post I think my answer lies in ur answer.

K.

Hello amcom,

My wife is currently on H-4. We applied for our I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 concurrently for the first time ever on 12/23/2003.

Online message changed for both of us just yesterday and it says that both our cases were approved on 18th Feb.

I sure hope that EAD for your wife will get approved soon. All the best.

Oh!! SO this is your 1st EAD then.

Ok 1st EADs are always easy... mine's 2nd one.

Thanks.
K.