J1-Waiver

Aryabhatta

Hi
Hey I heared that you will not get J1waiver means you can not apply for the J1-waiver if your J1 visa has got expired and you are back in your country.Is it true?
ALso how many days indiam embeassy takes time to get ready the docs to send for no objection to resp indian departments ?
Also if she got another J1-visa then is she wants to stay back in INdia for 4years menas prev J1 2 years and current J1 2years is it true?
Please focus on that
Thanks Jignesh again for great help

1. You can apply for J-1 waiver even after your visa has expired and you are back to your home country.

2. Indian embassy does not send directly to those departments - they send documents to you (typically within two weeks after you submit forms to them) and then you send to those departments. Once you obtain all three individual clearances from these departments, mail them to the embassy with "miscellaneous services" form/fee and then they issue final NORI and forward it directly to the DoS (and a copy to you). I am not aware of any recent changes in procedure - what I described was valid at least two years ago. The entire procedure can tak between 4 to 8 months.

3. You spend four years as HRR if you again join a J-program (with HRR clause) or obtain two waivers corresponding to each program.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.