J1 Waiver

Loxias

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I applied for a J1 waiver in early March based on a non objection-letter. The DOS received the non-objection letter on March 23 and issued a favourable recommendation on April 24. I wonder how long it takes for USCIS to handle the case. Is there a way for me to track the progress? Besides, how can I submit additional documents? I enclosed FedEx envelopes (to be paid with my credit card) in my waiver application package. Then I lost my credit card and got a new one with a different number. So I need to have the envelopes replaced or I won't get anything...

I've also won the lottery for H1B and will likely conduct the interview in September. So my question is, if I don't get the waiver in time, is it possible to get the H1B with the favourable recommendation, or I must have the waiver?

Thank you,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
As you know, the DOS recommendation is enough for you to apply, which you did. However, you need to have the final waiver before you are granted the actual H-1B. I don't think you have to worry, because you should almost definitely have the USCIS waiver by the time you will need it.