J1 waiver....where to send documents?

brian123

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am a medical professional, but currently working on a J1 research visa. I want to start my j1 waiver application on the basis on NORI. I wanted to know where I should send my documents to India, as I am a physician back from India but do not practice here.

In addition to a couple of other places, the Indian embassy website mentions the following places where the documents need to be submitted:-

A) The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, ES 5 Section, A-1/W-3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001. (For Non-medical Professionals only)
B)The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi- 110011 (for Medical Professionals only)

I wanted to know if I need to send them to (A) or (B), as I think the Nirman bhawan accepts applications for j1 waivers from those who want to continue working here as physicians only. While, my work is research based.

Secondly, I read that we need to write a personal statement along with the waiver application. Can you tell me at what stage do we need to send that? The Indian embassy apparently does not need that as a part of the package.

Lastly, are there are any phone numbers anyone could provide me at these places?

Please let me know.

Thank you and wish you all a great year ahead!

Hi Brian,

Could you pls update me on this process.
My wife is doing her residency on J1. Her residency will finish by Sep 09.
1. If she wish to continue with fellowship what is the procedure to extend J1.
2. What's the deal with taking up a job. Can J1 be transferred to H1 or something? If no what are the alternatives?

Thank you so much in advance.

Beachcomber