J1 waiver online status not available for 3 months

ben2010

Hi

I am in a big confusion with my J1 Waiver application. Please help me if you have any suggestion.

I applied for my J1 waiver on January 4th and from my tracking of postal service, I found that, the application reached in the state department PO box on January 12th. From the Bank I varified that they cahsed the cashers cheque by January 13th. However, so far I have no information about my case number on the web site. Always it says the case was not found.

I might have done a mistake on this. When I filled my application, they asked for any previous case number with them. I entered the case number on my expert openion request. So my application was made on that case number. Do you know whether this was a mistake? I was thinking that we have to continue with the same case number we already have with the department.

I cannot even see my expert openion request data when I login with that number which I obtained somewhere in 2006. I do not know what to do now because I have no idea if they need any additional documents or they are even considering my application. Indian Embassy informed me that they have already send their NOC to the state department in January, soon after I send my application.

Please let me know if you have any input on this matter. My J is running out in few months.

Thanks

I can tell you from my experience..... my case show online after three months, and after that i get a favorable recommendation in 4 weeks, so dont worry i think they working on your case, but it just not appear online yet, i just got copy of my recommendation today, some times it depend on the type of waiver you applied for, and if you made a mistake when appear online it will say incorrect documents, so dont worry , you can also call DOS to find out whats going on,

I used the case number from the advisory opinion in my waiver application and it worked fine. However, my case showed up online 3 weeks after I sent it. I've read somewhere that it does depend on from where you are, I am not sure if that's true.

hi my friends,
I have a question for you.thats really important for me. I am going to get marry with a citizen and I have 2 year rule. Now, I am doing my paper work. I need a reason to get this waive. I believe, getting marry is not a reason to apply waive. First time, I came to USA by work and travel student and now, I am an intern. This is second time at same work place.I work for same hotel.what do you think about what I can write for a reason on J1 Statement of Reason for No objection? My situation is, I already finished my college, I have BC degree under hospitality and management, this is second time in the USA and my work place accepted me to work by intern. I really need your experiences.

Question to ben2010

Hi

I am in a big confusion with my J1 Waiver application. Please help me if you have any suggestion.

I applied for my J1 waiver on January 4th and from my tracking of postal service, I found that, the application reached in the state department PO box on January 12th. From the Bank I varified that they cahsed the cashers cheque by January 13th. However, so far I have no information about my case number on the web site. Always it says the case was not found.

I might have done a mistake on this. When I filled my application, they asked for any previous case number with them. I entered the case number on my expert openion request. So my application was made on that case number. Do you know whether this was a mistake? I was thinking that we have to continue with the same case number we already have with the department.

I cannot even see my expert openion request data when I login with that number which I obtained somewhere in 2006. I do not know what to do now because I have no idea if they need any additional documents or they are even considering my application. Indian Embassy informed me that they have already send their NOC to the state department in January, soon after I send my application.

Please let me know if you have any input on this matter. My J is running out in few months.

Thanks
ben2010,

Did they ever post a status update online for you? When did they do so? It has been over 2 months for me. Same situation as you. Maybe with 2 different case numbers, they get confused. The old case number has the old status (which is not useful for me as that application was withdrawn). The new case number doesnt even show up. If you could let me know how long after yours showed up, that would be helpful.
Thanks..