J1 waiver- NOC from Indian Govt

Docofbigapple

Hello,
I had sent my application to obtain NOCs from the min of health & fam welfare, passport office & min of home. I was instructed by the consulate general san Francisco to forward the NOCs to them once I receive it from India with my case number on them Now these govt depts have forwarded their NOCs directly to the consular official in New York. Im in fix how the consular official in new york will identify them with my application as in the first place there is no case number on them & secondly I never applied through them (applied for waiver certificate at San Francisco Consulate). Please help Im confused on what to do now. I don’t why my NOCs were forwarded directly without sending it to me

similar

Well I am in a somewhat similar situation. While I have two NORI's the third from the paspsort office, delhi has been sent to the Embassy without a copy being sent to me. I have verified this by having someone check with the passport office. I am having a devil of a time trying to reach the Embassy in DC to verify if they have it. My guess is that if all else fails one may need to go to the respective CGI/Embassy (New York in your case) and talk to them directly. You could try sending them a letter with a postage paid envelope explaining things. However there seems to be no guarantee that they will respond. By the way it is the Embassy in DC that finally forwards the NOC to DOS. So NY or SF CGI will send these to the Embassy after you send the CGI your NORI's.

The same happened here , I got the two letters from MHR, NewDelhi and the other one from Ministry of state. It seems the third one from local passport office , they send it directly to Indian consulate general Houston. I rang them and asked whether they got it, they were telling that it is not possible for them to verify they have my letter from passport office. So it is kind of hell talking to them.

That was the only reason, I got mine done with the help of my parents. They obtained a copy of all NORIs and sent those to me and I forwarded those to CGI Houston with my case no.

In your case, nothing to worry about. If you dont have copies of NORIs, just send them rest of the documents alongwith your case no. and a separate application mentioning this situation with your full and clear name and address. All consulates are very much familiar with these Indian authorities processes as they are a part of it, so they wont just throw away your documents from Indian authorities only because they dont have your case no. More over, its not only 2 of you, there are thousand of other j1 holders who did same, so NO worries friends.

D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I wont say its a rule......as I told in my case, I received all NORI's and then sent it to Consulate with case no. But not a big deal if they send it to Cosulate directly.