j1 waiver help!!!

drmathews

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks,This website is extremely helpful. I need some help. I am j1 physician and my visa is expiring in august 30th. My waiver application at the state health (by state 30 program just got approved) and they will be forwarding it to DOS. At this situation i am very worried because of time factor. How long will it take at DOS to approve my waiver. What are my options if it doesnot get approved by august. Because during that 30 day grace period i cannot change my status here. Some body please help.Thanks in advance.

you should always keep your legal status in US

For DOS to approve your J1 waiver based on state 30 program, it may take about 3 - 4 months, if not longer. So it is likely that your J1 waiver will not be approved before August 30th.

But it does not matter that your J-1 waiver gets approved or not before August 30th, you should always keep your legal status in US, even after you get the J1 waiver approval later.

One way is to try to renew your J1 status as soon as possible with your current employer, other ways include applying for other visa, such as O1 or H1B, you still have some time to do it.

VectorP
www.greencardapply.com
www.greencardfamily.com

j1 waiver help!!!!

Thanks for your message. But how can i apply for H1 B if i dont have the waiver recommendation.
Also can it take that long time of 2-3 months by conrad state 30 waiver approval. It worries me. Please help/