J1 Waiver from home country

shanitgupta

Dear All,
What is the procedure to apply for J1 waiver from home country (India). I contacted the Indian embassy in US but they refused to issue the "No Objection" certificate because I have returned to my home country.

However I have not yet completed the 2 year HRR and want to get a waiver for the remaining period. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Shanit Gupta

shanitgupta said:
Dear All,
What is the procedure to apply for J1 waiver from home country (India). I contacted the Indian embassy in US but they refused to issue the "No Objection" certificate because I have returned to my home country.

However I have not yet completed the 2 year HRR and want to get a waiver for the remaining period. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Shanit Gupta
Well, I am not sure how it works for you if you are in India now.
Basically you have to get NORI letters from HRD ministry, Delhi; Home ministry (state) and Passport office. Based on these letters, Indian embassy in US will issue final NORI to the DOS. That is from your home country side. From the DOS side, initially you have to apply for a case number at St. Louis and this case number has to be submitted to Indian Embassy and they can only send NORI after getting the case number.
Good luck!
Toxsci

Hi Shanit,

I was wondering if you were able to get your J1 waived while being in India? If yes, could you let me know the procedure.

My wife is in India and needs to get her 2year HRR waived before she can get an H4.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Mihir

I read some ppl's comments that u cant apply for J1 waiver if u r in ur home country. I dont underastand y not?...I agree this fact that there's lot a lot postal communication between Indian Embassy/Consulate-Yourself-Department of State, which might make the whole process quite expensive, but I dont think while being in India u cant apply for waiver.

FYI, if u r frm India, there's lot of postal communication specially between Indian embassy/consulate and Yourself and everytime the candidate has to send self addressed stamped envelope. So quite interesting. Also u gotta send DS3035+ fee+ Statement of reason to DoS to get a case no......So if one can do all that.....I dont think there's gonna be any prob getting a waiver unless Embassy/Consulate has any prob. doin it.