j1 visa

wedda

Registered Users (C)
hello every
I got a question that i would love someone to help me with,,,,,,,,, i came to usa on a j1 visa and was subject to the 2yrs hrr, i applied for a waiver base on a non objection letter and was given a favorable recommendation by the DOS, am presently married to a u.s citizen and want to file for an application for AOS do i need to file a I-612 form also?

I wouldn't think so because you already have a waiver - why would you want to apply for another one?

I have never heard about I-612 but I just looked it up. It gives you only two options as reasons for waiver application: exceptional hardship or discrimination in your home country. So it really has nothing to do with your no objection case. If you have only received the favorable recommendation (and not the waiver from USCIS) you probably have to check the box that you are subject on the I-485 and the just add a copy of the DoS letter. I am sure you will have the waiver in time for the interview.

I just filed for AOS through an attorney and we did not file I-612 (and my waiver still pending).