J1 research scholar with MBBS (Medical Degree)-Medical or Non medical professional NewDelhi addres?

kanakaraju

Dear All,

I need an important help from previously experienced researchers with MBBS medical degree from India.

After finishing MBBS(Medical Degree) in India, I came to US with H4 visa. After soemtime, I got research fellow position under J1 research scholor visa. I have started my J1 waiver process recently. Finished stage 1 (attessation) and I am ready to send my documents to India for stage 2.

J1 waiver NORI form has two addresses for NewDelhi. One for medical professionals (The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi) and
another one for non-medical professionals(The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, ES-5 Section, A-1/W-3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi).

I do not know where to send my documents because I have medical degree but I am doing research.
Should I send them to medical professional newdelhi address or non-medical professional newdelhi address please?

Thanks for your time and help,

Kanakaraju

J1 waiver for postdoctoral fellows with MBBS PhD degrees

Hello everyone,

I am a postdoctoral fellow doing research in USA in J1 visa after MBBS and PhD degrees from India. I am in the process of getting J1 waiver. I am facing problems in getting no objection certificate from HRD ministry in Delhi. Apparently, they do not give no objection certificate to MBBS degree holders since last 6 months. Is that true? Has any one had similar experience? Is there any way I can convince HRD that I am no longer a clinician and get no objection certificate?

My J1 is ending in June 2014. I am in a kind of desperate situation. Any kind of suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep