J-1 waiver pending and got an extension (new DS-2019), what does that entails?

giorgio85

Hi all,

I got an extension of my DS-2019 when I was back to my country (Italy) and obtained a new Visa stamp.
Right a few weeks before, I started the waiver application and sent all the papers for the J-1 waiver which I was subject to.
My question is: Am I subject again to the 212(e) having a new DS-2019 (even if it'is only an extension of the previous one, i.e. same SEVIS number, same program) ?

I was thinking to sent to the DOS the new DS-2019 and the new Visa stamp copies in order to update them, since my case is still "pending" and they are waiting for the NOL from my country.

Do you think is the right procedure?

Have you never heard about similar cases?

Thank you so much in advance

While USCIS decission is pending DS2019 extended.

Hi,
I got one more doubt. My J1 (DS2019) has the validity until june,30, 2014 whereas I was elligible to extend my J1 status to January, 2015. I started my j1 waiver process and then I realized that I should have first extend my j1 status to january, 2015. Then I applied for J1 extenstion with my department. They initiated the process . My question is" Can I extend my J1 status after my waiver is approved?" What will happen if they extend the DS2019? Would it impose J1 2 year rule again? (though I have same sevis number)

In my case, my application got favourable reccomendation from VISA reviewing comitee and before USCIS informed me the final decession of approval my department extended my DS2019 to January, 2015.

Please let me know what exact rule is earliest possible

regards,

Hi all,

I got an extension of my DS-2019 when I was back to my country (Italy) and obtained a new Visa stamp.
Right a few weeks before, I started the waiver application and sent all the papers for the J-1 waiver which I was subject to.
My question is: Am I subject again to the 212(e) having a new DS-2019 (even if it'is only an extension of the previous one, i.e. same SEVIS number, same program) ?

I was thinking to sent to the DOS the new DS-2019 and the new Visa stamp copies in order to update them, since my case is still "pending" and they are waiting for the NOL from my country.

Do you think is the right procedure?

Have you never heard about similar cases?

Thank you so much in advance
---
I am in the same situation right now. Can you please let me know what happened in your case?
Thank you.

While USCIS decission is pending DS2019 extended.

Hi,
I got one more doubt. My J1 (DS2019) has the validity until june,30, 2014 whereas I was elligible to extend my J1 status to January, 2015. I started my j1 waiver process and then I realized that I should have first extend my j1 status to january, 2015. Then I applied for J1 extenstion with my department. They initiated the process . My question is" Can I extend my J1 status after my waiver is approved?" What will happen if they extend the DS2019? Would it impose J1 2 year rule again? (though I have same sevis number)

In my case, my application got favourable reccomendation from VISA reviewing comitee and before USCIS informed me the final decession of approval my department extended my DS2019 to January, 2015.

Please let me know what exact rule is earliest possible

regards,
---
Hi,

I am exactly in the same situation. Can you tell me what you did and what happened then? Thank you.