J-1 waiver based on IGA

lusine

Dear all, I am new to the forum and please excuse me if the topic had already been discussed. I wonder if anyone succeeded in getting a waiver for The J-1 HRR based on interested government agency letter. If so, would you please share with me your stories, how to proceed, what would be the most compelling argument in such letters. Also, does anyone know if the list of designated federal government agencies appearing on this website http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1293.html are exclusive?
many thanks in advance.

Hi Lusine,
my advice to you is to go through the all threads in the forum then you will c ome to know about you type of cases. I also did the same. This will save a lot of waiting time for you.

Thanks a lot. Actually already attempted doing so and found that most discussions were based on No Objection letter.

I regularly search this forum. If something comes across, I will post it here. But try hard to get the information.

I have not seen a single success story in IGA. Most lawyers are clueless when it comes to this (or any other non-trivial/non-mechanical immigration matter) and zero track record. (except for NIH sponsored waivers for MDs, which are automatic once you got a qualified job and lawyers' contribution is purely mechanical at this point)
The only trace I was able to find was a 10 year old post of some guy at IBM that secured a waiver through D. Commerce. After many phone calls to D. Commerce I was told the Department was no longer sponsoring J-1 waivers for ANYONE. The lawyer that did this for him is retired.