J-1 waiver approved - timeline

Szymon2004EU8X

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Here's a timeline of my waiver:

July 31 - sent data sheet and fee
August 14 - DOS sent list of docs (received 4 weeks later)
Oct 09 - DOS received letter of no-objection
Oct 21 - DOS received statement of reason and IAP-66s
December 08 - favorable recommendation issued by DOS
December 30 - date USCIS receipt was issued (arrived a week later)
February 3 - online status says case approved

Hi
I would like to ask you when did you send the NORI certificates to the Consulate/Embassy and how long was it before the DOS received the NOC from them?
Also I guess in July end you had received all the NORI certificates from the Indian governments.
Thanks
Nirai

Originally posted by Szymon2004EU8X
Hi,

Here's a timeline of my waiver:

Could you provide more details of your case? I have to decide by April 30 whether to accept a Fulbright award or not and I currently research my options for a potential waiver.
Thanks.

Statement of Reason

Hi Szymon2004EU8X,

I am in a very similiar situation as you were. I am a J1 with the HRR and my husband was selected in the 2005DV. I just don't know what to write in the statement of reason? Would you advice me on that? I hope you still come back to this message board.

Vermedve

please suggest

Dear Sir,

I am a researcher in USA with J-1 visa and an Indian citizen. I had applied for my case number by submitting the Data Sheet Application and a money order of $ 230 to the US Department of State, Waiver Review Division, P. O. Box 952137, St. Louis, MO 63195-2137 on 12/20/2004. It is being stated that generally it takes 4-6 weeks for the recommendation (case number etc) to arrive. However, it is more than 6 weeks now. I am quite worried and tensed about it. Please let me know where can I inquire about it? and who can help me to get it soon? I have already received all the 3 NORI's from India so I am only waiting for my case number now to apply for the final waiver.

Please help and suggest something!

Soliciting an early reply.

Thanks and kind regards,

Navrati (nsaxena@cse.uta.edu)

Are you pressed by time?

Hi,

I apologize for the late answer, I am having a rough time at work.

So here is my approximate timeline:
I got my case number approximately two weeks (June 24, 2004) after I mailed the check and the forms to the State Department. This is a six digit number. If you already received this number you can check on the status of your application using the case file number and calling 1-202-663-1225 or checking the website http://travel.state.gov/jvw.html. Then after two months waiting I got a copy of the favorable recommendation on August 31, 2004. The State Department sent a copy to USCIS too. However, they spelled my name incorrectly. I received an approval notice from USCIS with the incorrect spelling on September 29, 2004. Because of the incorrect spelling I had to go through the whole process again without paying the $230 and finally received the approval notice with the correct spelling on February 14, 2005. It was a unnerving process. Keep it up, I don't think you should have problems as a researcher. Internet chatrooms gave me the impression that the security screening can take a little longer. Let me know if you have questions. Vermedve

You could send me a private message and I can give you my email if you need further info. Vermedve

Help !! J1 Wavier letter

hi..I am applying for the wavier..can some help with the letter, INS is asking why I am applying for a wariver ....my mail id is hiransarva@yahoo.com......I got my case number & now i need to send all papers to INS ASAP...& i need help for the sample letter....Hiran