j- 1 waiver..a small query..

gasman007

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I am one of the applicants who is trying to get a waiver for the j-1 visa based on the "no objection". I have got a case number online form the DOS website and then sent all my documents to DOS and my concern is that it has been more than 4 weeks that i have sent my documents and now I am not able to check my status online. there is no record of whether they received my documents , processed my application fee....and when i try to find out by entering my case number, then it shows that there is no record of the case number which you have entered .....I want to know if any of the other members have similar problems or heard of similar problems....when I call them , they are asking me to wait for 6 weeks and i think this time is for them to make a decision on my waiver.......any suggestions from the members who have are in the process of applying or have applied for the j-1 waiver is very much appreciated..
Thanks,
Regards.

Hi Tiwari 1967,
thanks for the answer my friend...i am able to check my status online now...but the new issue is that my home country has sent a NOC to the dept of state and the when i try checking my status , then it shows that the dept of state has not yet received the NOC...It has been over a month that i received a copy of the NOC which the embassy in D.C has sent the dept of state..but till today there is no update of my status in the website of the dept of state.

Hi Tiwari 1967,
thanks for the answer my friend...i am able to check my status online now...but the new issue is that my home country has sent a NOC to the dept of state and the when i try checking my status , then it shows that the dept of state has not yet received the NOC...It has been over a month that i received a copy of the NOC which the embassy in D.C has sent the dept of state..but till today there is no update of my status in the website of the dept of state.

Ask the embassy to send the letter again. DOS lost the first NOC letter from the Czech Embassy and the second letter was confirmed into the online system in 3 days.