J-1 to J-2 and going back to J-1

nsingh23

Hello, We are in some sticky situation and would really appreciate experienced peoples suggestions:
1) from 2005-2008: My wife was on J1 and was doing postdoc, she got waiver for HRR in 2007
2) 2008: we moved to another state due to my job, and she had to quit her job and became J2 holder on my J1 (though we were skeptical that she might not be able to come to J2, given that she obtained waiver on her J1, but it was without any problem)
3) 2009: I applied for waiver thinking that this will open up my wife's job/visa options (and still waiting for waiver to be approved)
4) 2009 (current): I got a job in Boston, and waiting for waiver to come so that the employer can file H1.
5)My wife also got a postdoc in Boston, but they (the department) are refusing to give H1 !!
5a) Now one option is that i don't leave my current job and stay on J1 as long as possible (so that my wife can join in Boston, on J2)...but that way I loose my job offer...
5b) The question is: can my wife get J1 again?. ...or any other suggestion from anyone...
thank you