J 1 Issues

royat

Registered Users (C)
Readers,
I have an extremely different issues to share with you all. I was granted a J1 visa with 2 years HRR for 2 weeks short term program in 2004. Unfortunately, my sponsor cancelled the DS form after I received the visa becos the program commenced and I did not show. I got to the us on a weekend a week after the commencement unknown that the DS form has been cancelled and I checked my mail in the hotel that I lodged in and I got to know that the DS had been cancelled. I was confused on what to do and I decided to stay without any means of survival except the little money I had on me. I was never sponsored by any agencies, though my agency agreed to do that but after I collected the visa the story changed and that was the beginning of my predicament as I have to look for money to pay my air fees and to pay for the program which I was eventually denied the opportunity to attend. What can I do now? If any one has an advice to share, it will be appreciated..I tried to apply for NORI but I was advised that I can not apply becos I did not participate in any program apart from the fact that I came in with J1 visa. Recently, my girlfriend wants us to get married and I am thinking of the possibility of exploring that avenue of marriage to USC...Is there any hope on this issue..
Regards,
royat