It's my day !!!! April fools day!!! I-485 approved- RD 12/26/01 - La-la-la....

vidongre

Registered Users (C)
Our I-485 cases have ben approoooooooved!!!!

It's a good day for me...
My parents' visitor visa also got approved today (04/01/2004) in Mumbai - they got 10 yrs multiple entry visa!!!

About our I-485 -

I had sought congressional help in December. They came back asking us to wait for 60 days.

After 60 days, contacted congressman again in February. The reply was - the security check was complete and it would take another 60-90 days to adjudicate these cases.

After reading posts on this board, I faxed an expedite request on 1st March. I got a reply in mail saying that our cases did not satisfy the expedite criteria and we should not fax such a request since we'd sought congressional help...

It was frustrating! But all is well that ends well...

Sincere goodluck to all who're waiting - specially the veterans!
And have no words to thank Rajiv Khanna and all the gurus on this site... even then, "Thank You!"

Thanks stuka for posting this thread -
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120432

And thanks to 'greenland' for I-485scan script.

I'll be around and shall keep you all posted about my stamping etc. - Feels great!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

What is the criteria for faxing an expedite request?
Can you point me to the web page? What is the fax number for it?

Thanks

MJRDJAN2002 - VSC fax# is 802-527-4816

According to the reply that I rcvd from VSC, an expedite request must meet one of the following criteria:

HUMANITARIAN
EXTREME EMERGENCY
SEVERE FINANCIAL LOSS
SERVICE ERROR

(I guess they expect us to fax some documents proving either one of these...)

If your RD is post the processing date published by VSC, just fax them a letter requesting to expedite your application.

Goodluck!

Vidongre

Congratualtions. I have posted the message on the other thread as well.

I knew you were waiting but I did not know that your number was on there. I am quite happy for you. Congratualtions again. Do stick around at least till I get approved. :)

Congrats, my friend. I am so happy for you. You have been one of the valuable members here. Enjoy the freedom.

congratulations

I had been rooting for you in addition to myself :) and many other regulars on the forum.
Enjoy ;)