Its been 6mths since I-130 was transfered to CSC.....where can we call for feedback?

nattydreads

Registered Users (C)
Need someone's help with I-130.... case transfered to CSC from Dallas..

Hello Everyone,

I have a question how can we go about speaking to a USCIS Employee rather than speaking to a contract worker like someone suggested that we do... or is there an email address that we can refer to?....Is it the same 1-800 number because my husband and i have exhausted this whole ordeal....there is not much the 1-800 ppl can do for us but just read exactly what the computer screen says...the same information that we already know. It has been 6mths since my I-130 was transferred to CSC from Dallas(to speed up the process :confused: :rolleyes: )....We have just been in the run around for sometime now......

Another question (I-130 was filed in April 30th 2001...dats the date he went to the office and submitted it) we never received the receipt letter but in 2004 when he contacted USCIS the person whom my husband spoke with just gave him the receipt number.....so dats what we've been using to get the information ... and we learned that the case was filed on (June 21 2001 :confused: ) when we filed the AR 11 last year ....I'm kind of confused cuz while reading this informative forum i also learned bout this priority date which is very important and dats how they determine the order of cases........so what would be my priority date? Would they be able to provide us with this infor or would they be able to send us a copy of the receipt letter back in 2001 since we never received one?

We were also hoping that his Oath date wld come around soon so he can atleast upgrade the I-130.......but since his Jan 20th 2006 naturalization interview we havnt heard anything from them.....dont wanna call them as yet ..just trying to be patient on this one cuz Dallas i think has a ceremony every 2 to 3mths so its just 2 mths since this interview......i would really appreciate some feedback from anyone...Thanks!! (apologise for the long posting..tried my best to keep in short)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me some light on this cuz just today my husband called the 1 800# and just what i thought the person on the the other line just read what was on their screen......no othe update from what we already know....so i guess we just have to play the waiting game.......!!!

I have a similar situation.Applied I-130 for my wife in Jan 2001(but have receipt) at Texas service centre and the case was transferred to CSC in May 2005 for faster processing after which they sent RFE for which I responded in sept 2005, called 800 no made 3 inquiries one month apart never heard anything.,last inquiry in FEB 2006 when the agent said something was sent a week back if u dont receive anything by 20th feb then call again, so again called on feb 22 and the lady said i dont see if anything was sent and it must be a mistake by the person i talked so she e-mailed the CSC while talking to me and as of feb 23 the online status shows they have sent more information of the case and if i dont receive anything by one month call the 800 #.So again going to call them on 23rd march.
meanwhile i had applied for CZ which was denied in FEB 2006.so consulted an attorney.he also applied for my wife adjustment saying donot need to wait for i-130 approval.The visa number for her case has been available since May 2005 but whenever i called the 800# they said need to wait for approval as spouse of greencard holder cannot apply for adjustment unless i-130 is approved.Now since the lawyer applied I will wait and see what happens.Goodluck.

Natty, when you call the 800 # the first person you speak w/is probably contracted you need to get to the next level, this usually is the imigration officer, in order to get transfered you must present some sort of inconsistency in you case, so if everything is just a waiting game but you need info, do what i do and just tell them when you looked up status of your case it was not in system then they will transfer you ,then you have to wait
for the officer to come aboard, its funny but alot of people in this forum cases go through like butter and are getting alot of advice and the ones that really need help get passed over, nuff said, bless

i think i left out you can ask for "request for expedite" i think thats what they call it, but that has a time frame qualification

I am in the same boat

My wife after becoming a US citizen sent the letter to CSC. My case was always with them. I applied to Texas service center but got the receipt notice from California Service Center. My PD was March 28 2005.

I sent out a one page fax with copy of naturalization certificate to upgrade the 130 application. I never recieved any acknowledgement from them. I have written them twice but no response so far.

Today I decided to register an account with them to get email updates about the status of application. After registering I found that my 130 was touched on Jan 25 2006 (one week after my fax). I am assuming my application was updated.

So whoever is in the same boat may find some confort by finding out their last update date.

Good Luck

Payala,

I dont think I need an infopass yet. I will wait for couple more months as from the forums it seems such cases of upgrades may take from 2months to 4 months.

Eric,

I meant receipt notice date.(the date which is in your notice of receipt for I-130)

My DO is Atlanta.

I applied for I-130 to Texas and application is handled at CSC.

I have also applied for 485 and 765 at Chicago. I have my fingerprinting for EAD next week.

juno said:
I have a similar situation.Applied I-130 for my wife in Jan 2001(but have receipt) at Texas service centre and the case was transferred to CSC in May 2005 for faster processing after which they sent RFE for which I responded in sept 2005, called 800 no made 3 inquiries one month apart never heard anything.,last inquiry in FEB 2006 when the agent said something was sent a week back if u dont receive anything by 20th feb then call again, so again called on feb 22 and the lady said i dont see if anything was sent and it must be a mistake by the person i talked so she e-mailed the CSC while talking to me and as of feb 23 the online status shows they have sent more information of the case and if i dont receive anything by one month call the 800 #.So again going to call them on 23rd march.
meanwhile i had applied for CZ which was denied in FEB 2006.so consulted an attorney.he also applied for my wife adjustment saying donot need to wait for i-130 approval.The visa number for her case has been available since May 2005 but whenever i called the 800# they said need to wait for approval as spouse of greencard holder cannot apply for adjustment unless i-130 is approved.Now since the lawyer applied I will wait and see what happens.Goodluck.

Thank u for for responding....dats the thing....i just want to atleast know whats going on....i dont want to be too pushy but just want this pause button to atleast start working. When my husband spoke with the 1 800# and he ask if he could get a copy of the receipt letter...the gentleman said that he wld need to pay $200 to get it(dats just ridiculous).

We will just give it another 2 wks and then probably make an inforpass appt.....I just hope that nothing was sent to us in the mail and lost...and then somehow they deny our case or something for us not responding......cuz to me cases sent to CSC from what i understand (like the letter said "to speed up the process")from this forum is normally 2 to 3 mths.

eric v said:
Natty, when you call the 800 # the first person you speak w/is probably contracted you need to get to the next level, this usually is the imigration officer, in order to get transfered you must present some sort of inconsistency in you case, so if everything is just a waiting game but you need info, do what i do and just tell them when you looked up status of your case it was not in system then they will transfer you ,then you have to wait
for the officer to come aboard, its funny but alot of people in this forum cases go through like butter and are getting alot of advice and the ones that really need help get passed over, nuff said, bless

Thank u Eric V,

Just an update!!

Well first of all i know ppl usually post updates if there is something interesting going on with their case....but thats no my situation. Unfortunately we are still just deh waiting.

Actually when i checked my update for my case the date had changed from 9/15/2005 to 4/12/2006 but the notice letter still reads the same ......so i'm kind of confused right now......and my husband has not received his oath letter since. He called last wk and the lady whom he spoke with gave him some confirmation number and she said that she was gonna put in some request for update cuz its already 3mths since the interview.....

I guess everyone who have been in our situation knows how we feel at this point (well particularly me not my husband.....u know how men cld go ahead and have a good nights sleep and not even worry bout stuff).....I want my life back...i hate being in this paused life.......i have tried to not come on the forum or read anything bout BCIS...but its hard.....i've tried to just pray about it and just 4get it...but at times it works and other times i'm back to square one.......

We havnt had an infopass as yet......we will wait to see what happens within the next couple of wks or so.....dont want to make this take up my entire life....

Finally i received at least something!!!

Hello just wanted everyone to know dat i got this email this morning......Hope i receive the actual letter in the mail...since this doesnt say much... :cool:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: SRC0120******

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

On April 26, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or
information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional
material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required,
or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact
the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you
received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Just hope something comes thru pretty soon.....and this additional evidence thing wont hold up my case another 10 years down the line. Could someone tell me what additional evidence or information they would be requesting at this point?

Nattydreads

Last edited by a moderator: