Itar requirements and asylum seekers

Hi, everyone! Hope you're doing well!
I am looking for a job in IT right now. One position that strikes my interest has the following note:

"To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here. "

Do you think I am a good fit for this requirement? Does it include asylum seekers?

Thank you in advance!

on the job posting says: ITAR Requirement : This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
I am Canadian Citizen and depend of my wife " asylum seekers " that we have an appointment Oct 24 , can get ITAR from Canadian or asylum seekers ? Thanks