It\'s the Law - Carry Registration Documents

smarin

* This is the provision of the immigration statute which has received least amount of attention and least enforced until now when some nonimmigrants were questioned by the INS officers when they tried to fly on domestic flights. However, it is the law that all the aliens should carry with them all the time registration documents. The law provides:
          * Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d). Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
    * What registration documents one needs to carry?
          * Evidence of registration. The following forms constitute evidence of registration:
                * I - 94, Arrival-Departure Record -- Aliens admitted as nonimmigrants; aliens paroled into the United States under section 212(d)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act; aliens whose claimed entry prior to July 1, 1924, cannot be verified, they having satisfactorily established residence in the United States since prior to July 1, 1924; and aliens granted permission to depart without the institution of deportation proceedings.
                * I - 95, Crewmen\'s Landing Permit -- Crewmen arriving by vessel or aircraft.
                * I - 151, (Removed effective 8/19/96; 61 FR 37673 )
                * I - 184, Alien Crewman Landing Permit and Identification Card -- Crewmen arriving by vessel.
                * I - 185, Nonresident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card -- Citizens of Canada or British subjects residing in Canada.
                * I - 186, Nonresident Alien Mexican Border Crossing Card -- Citizens of Mexico residing in Mexico.
                * I - 221, Order to Show Cause and Notice of Hearing -- Aliens against whom deportation proceedings are being instituted.
                * I - 221S, Order to Show Cause, Notice of Hearing, and Warrant for Arrest of Alien -- Aliens against whom deportation proceedings are being instituted.
                * I - 551, Permanent Resident Card -- Lawful permanent resident of the United States. (Amended effective 1/20/99; 63 FR 70313 )
                * I - 688, Temporary Resident Card-Lawful temporary residents of the United States.
                * I - 688A, Employment Authorization Card.
                * I - 688B, Employment Authorization Document. (Added effective 10/4/96; 61 FR 46534 )
                * I - 766, Employment Authorization Document. (Added effective 10/4/96; 61 FR 46534