It happen again...

Care2much

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Making long story short, I am in USA for 16y never left the country,
I filed for asylum in 93.
I was denied by IJ for asylum in97,still going through appeal,in february 2003 got denied from board of appeall it sed .
>Afirm without opinieon< in february filed motion to reopen,

First time when I was in front of IJ my case was completly missrepresented by attorny, wrong name, wrong place of birth,
I was interupted every minut IJ was very upset with my attorny because hi did not printed my statment hi just copied it and was yeling at him (my attorny) and teling him to ask me more specific questen.Well my hearing in by IJ lasted only 15 .
andboard of appeal did not even read my case they just wrote >Afirm without opinon<,Now this new attorny after $16000 ( paid only half $7800) send's me letter that my case was denied I was going creasy ( still feel like that) so i started to read later and
I noticed that that case is not mine actualy it belonged to some lady that was born in near my place and hade similar lust name like mine, but completly deferent everything else .only
Letter it's writen like it was for me addresed to me, and signed by my attorny, his office is closed becaose vacation, now this lady that case is her got no clue what 's going on and she have only 9 more day's to appeal, don't know how to get in touch with her. as far as my case i am still waiting.
I hope you guys understud and could read this.Sorry my spell.
Gilbert and the rest of you ,what you think about this ?

Originally posted by Care2much
Hi,
Making long story short, I am in USA for 16y never left the country,
I filed for asylum in 93.
I was denied by IJ for asylum in97,still going through appeal,in february 2003 got denied from board of appeall it sed .
>Afirm without opinieon< in february filed motion to reopen,

First time when I was in front of IJ my case was completly missrepresented by attorny, wrong name, wrong place of birth,
I was interupted every minut IJ was very upset with my attorny because hi did not printed my statment hi just copied it and was yeling at him (my attorny) and teling him to ask me more specific questen.Well my hearing in by IJ lasted only 15 .
andboard of appeal did not even read my case they just wrote >Afirm without opinon<,Now this new attorny after $16000 ( paid only half $7800) send's me letter that my case was denied I was going creasy ( still feel like that) so i started to read later and
I noticed that that case is not mine actualy it belonged to some lady that was born in near my place and hade similar lust name like mine, but completly deferent everything else .only
Letter it's writen like it was for me addresed to me, and signed by my attorny, his office is closed becaose vacation, now this lady that case is her got no clue what 's going on and she have only 9 more day's to appeal, don't know how to get in touch with her. as far as my case i am still waiting.
I hope you guys understud and could read this.Sorry my spell.
Gilbert and the rest of you ,what you think about this ?

I would consult a new lawyer and ask about my options. Also contact the bar association in your state and report this jerk lawyer of yours who seems to be incompetent and idiotic.

Originally posted by Gilbert
I am not sure I understand his post. Did he get denied by a federal court of appeal?
Yes Gilbert,
It seems that he has exhausted all his avenues up to the board of appeal, who affirmed the decision to deny without opinion,but the lawyer confused his case with another lady who has the same last name.