It Begins, DREAM '07

Oathkeeper

Registered Users (C)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please join our forum (www.dreamact.info) and find out how you can help us contact senators and representatives to encourage them to consider the DREAM Act. Thanks for your time!

-Roxas

I cannot support The Dream Act in its current form

This is all about documenting and rewarding illegal Children. Whilst I do feel sorry for these children and understand they had NO choice in where their parents brought them to live, until such times and this act is ammended to include LEGAL chidren then I cannot support it

Many legal children are brought to the US who 's parents have invested heavily into the USA and employ thousands of USC and LPR. The parents obtain an E visa and once their children reach the age of 21years have no status

No all children are bright enough to attend college or parents rich enough to send them, so I ask

WHY DON'T YOU INCLUDE LEGAL CHILDREN, IN YOUR DREAM ACT EFFORTS,

This is one of our sites aims along with the introduction of a compassionate visa on case by case basis

If you support legals who's children have aged out please support us www.expatsvoice.org

I am sorry Susan, I did not know about that. Actually, it relates to my situation as well... I am about to age out next year and will not be able to do anything once my mother becomes a LPR in nine years.

The DREAM Act in current form isn't perfect. We need feedback from many people to urge our senators to think more about it for sure.

Hi

As I said, I do feel sorry for illegal children, they have no choice where they are brought to live. It is my understanding that the Dream Act is also so flawed.

There will be cases whereby, maybe two out of three children will be able to have studied for five years and the other only a year or two. So what happens then, give two documentation and deport the other?

We at expatsvoice hare having a massive fundraing event in Florida on 16th Dec at 7-30pm, The funds will be used to retain an immigration attorney to write up ammendent to the Dream act to include legal children or amend the CSPA to protect ALL children from aging out. We also will petiton for a compassionate visa. There is a hunmanitarian soc for animnals in the USA but NOT humans

The CSPA is also badly written, I should know the DOS says my son has aged out, even though many immigration attornies say he has not. My husband was the petitioner for son. Husband recently passed away and seems I may have to petition son from the begining, this is just not on!! TSC is working on cases received in 1998 so will be another ten years

Before my husband became ill we set up a free forum www.expatsvoice.org to raise awreness and atttempt tto change the law. Very difficult when we do not even have a vote, only being a LPR

We are also petitioning for a compassionate visa. This would be granted on a cases by case basis.

When E or L visa holders are renewing their visa's,. they are landlocked, whilst waiting for advanced parole and cannot leave the USA, even if a mother, father, brother, sister is terminal in home country. A compassionate visa would resolve this issue.

The same goes for relatives who live abroad from a visa waiver country. If their close relative living in the USA is terminal they can only visit for max 90 days without a visa. The first thing the family would do is jump on a plane to be in the USA with loved one. They should not have to worry about having to leave the USA after 90 days. If a compassionate visa were available they could walk into a immigration sub office or airport, with documentary evidence which can be verified within 24 hrs and compassionate visa stamped for entry up to one year, rewnewal if needed

There have been 3 recent cases, whereby the husband is the main E visa holder and bought a business, the hausband's passed away. This is a disaster for the wife. The wife can inherit the biz, but not his visa status. they have to leave the usa and in one case wa given 30 days to do so.

The wife had to sell biz, bury husband, go to probate,sell home and leave! How disgusting is that? Again another reason why we MUST petition for a compassionate visa

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Susan! great name by the way, reminds me of my hero and friend, she's An American.
I feel sorry too to those American children here, who does not have education because they cannot afford it.
And then reminds me of a girl who used to go to pageant and her parents have to work three jobs then passed away long ago, so whatever happened to that little girl I don't know...just wanted me to adopt that girl when I have the money and make her be Miss America someday because if that's the way to remind her of her mom and I know her Mom wanted her to be Miss America and continue on pageant and I know she wanted to do that too, but they don't have the funds now to do so.

I love America children anyway, their blondish hair and blueish eyes, and even everybody of every skin. What's good is even if they have black skin, I sometimes think that I have a rather good bond with them, most of the time I befriend with black people, they are so nice to me, and they laugh so much, never seen a one depressed black person in my life, just so good feeling to be around them.

Before I'm so closed-minded now I am so open-minded I believe now that America means to me is everybody is not about White people or every nationality because this is a melting pot whatever it might really meant but this is a melting pot where everybody of every nationality of every cultures brought in, there's french, there's spanish, there's English and Australians, and Asians, and Ethiophians...etc, the language is still the same, standard english, we eat the same fastfood and like the same bread and take the same buses and watch the same news and channel.

I hope now that immigration is heating up on every channel, I hope the bond of immigrants and legal people and citizen would not change...more

Thanks for all your fundraising/s, I hope that people like you(and all of those who are helping people from the bottom of their heart and not stepping others just to get on top) would get an Award. I hope everyone work for fairness not the way they THINK it is FAIR.

Susan forgive me but you said why not Include ALL CHILDREN?
I don't understand because Dream Act is supposedly for those illegal kids who are here because Universities won't grant them admission if they have no papers or ssn, in that.
they would granted a conditional permanent residency for two years for doing military duties or going to get their associate degree, that means they would get somehow a scholarship?? probably or get a temporary work permit while at school to pay off tuition.
Same as Legal kids, they can work already, they could take small classes in a semester as so they could afford it.
Scholarship is so hard, I know specially those immigrant here who wanted their children to have the highest score, it's really unfair because some kids just born with a lot of brains, but ignorance is there but not stupidity.

I know Americans can get student aid from FAFSA, Dream Act I believe would not grant Scholarship to illegal but just amnesty to a legal papers (at) work.

I believe that Dream Act is a step or one of the ingredients if I could put it that way for a college admission but that's also based on a person's hard work, and passion to be at school. (Grades and Attendance)

Hope you understand....
Happy Holidays!
So this is Christmas for black and for white for yellow and red ones, let stop all the fight. -Peace-

Hi

The point I am trying to make is

The dream act does assist illegal children to become documented but not legal children who's parents invest heavily in the USA

The dream act does not go far enough, suppose you have two children and only one is bright enough for college to be an option, well what about the poor child who has learning difficulties?

This is why we support immigration reform to protect ALL children from either aging out or being undocumented

Also there is a great need for a compassionate visa on a case by case basis subject to documentary evidence

I know Americans can get student aid from FAFSA, Dream Act I believe would not grant Scholarship to illegal but just amnesty to a legal papers (at) work.
The key word here is AMNESTY.

The DREAM Act would allow, among other things, illegal aliens to attend schools at the in-state rate. But legal US citizens from an adjacent state would still have to pay the out-of-state rate.

But the bottom line is it is just another form of Amnesty. The path to citizenship should start back in their home country. Not by jumping the line ahead of many others who have legally waited in line.

half of my life isnt enough? a lot of times home is where you grew up

Last edited by a moderator:
skoolus said:
half of my life isnt enough? a lot of times home is where you grew up
If you would be eligible for the Dream Act then you are a deportable illegal alien. Why should you be able to jump the line?

AverageAmerican said:
If you would be eligible for the Dream Act then you are a deportable illegal alien. Why should you be able to jump the line?
seriously being illegal is comparable as to dante's f*cking hell.
Just sick and tired of just some illegal out there could get a job, live a friggin normal life and even get scholarship!!!
How's that fair for the rest of us???
this bill should be passed so it would fair for everybody!
some people out there just tried and tried to obey the law and what do you know, people think they are lucky that they didn't get caught with the law working on the lowest and the hardest paying job there is just so they could get their ass in school then you find another illegal alien living a normal happy life with lots and lots of friends and relatives with them to share their shity life and then you realize that wow, where's my luck goes, look at that other illegal alien guy out there? she's even a friggin supervisor! and earning as much as a citizen.
Seriously I'm so mad right now, and sorry for the language but I hope that this would be fair for everyone!!!
Those other illegals doesn't even have the dreams like we have, we want dream act, because we believe that education is what makes this country and life a good place to be in a society not selling marijuana and drinking boost, just sick and tired of bullsh*t.
I hope some of the senators would see this post, and I demand that they do something about this!
I am not even illegally in here but I'm doing my part for other people who I know deserve this, and illegal people sometimes too as so arogant too, you ask them if you could get a job and they'd tell you they can't help you because they won't let you in unless you have enough job experience?
heck f*** that s*** do they think that they are better than you?
Let america be america and give the ones who deserves it, and deport those illegals that does not contribute in the society!

Well, I am 18 years old and my parents are on E-2 visas.
When I applied to college it really sucked because although we have been in the U.S. for more than 10 years, we still don't have permanent resident status.
I just hope we can get permanent resident status in the next two years so that I may be able to go to a medical school in the U.S.

gojonnygo5 said:
Well, I am 18 years old and my parents are on E-2 visas.
When I applied to college it really sucked because although we have been in the U.S. for more than 10 years, we still don't have permanent resident status.
I just hope we can get permanent resident status in the next two years so that I may be able to go to a medical school in the U.S.

Hi

An E visa is a non immigrant visa and guess your parents knew the situation when they moved to the usa

It is possible to expand their biz so much so the the assets are worth $500,000 + in which case the company can sponcer biz owner for I 140 and if approved this is the fo ahead for a green card

I beleive that children of E visa holders are being discriminated against. Any child does not have a choice as to where their parents choose to bring them up which proves there is a need for a compassionate visa for the USA or a leglaslative fix to allow ANY child brought to the usa to have a pathway to become a LPR and eventually gain citizenship (subject to good moral character)

The dream act (if brought into law) will give a pathway for illegal children to gain LPR . Children of H1B visa holders also have a pathway to become a LPR as do children of L visa Holders

I Urge you and your parents to join (and donate) www.expatsvoice.org as am sure you will benefit from this site, also get as many people as you know are affected to support and join.

We may not have a vote, but we sure as heck have a voice ! and force in numbers