Issues with employer after passport stamping

durgesh

Hi,

I got my passport stamped couple of weeks ago after I-485 approval.
My employer is threatening that if I donot pay him $1000 towards
the application cost, he is going to send letter to INS to cancel
my green card. This is a new cost to me. Employer has only recently
told me about this fees. He had never mentioned this before.

Should I just pay my employer though I know its unfair or I can
do something about it?

Thanks
-Durgesh

No Title

I don\'t have the answer to what you should do. But if you
do decide to give him the money to get him off of your back,
I think you should ask him to give you a written letter that
he wants this money from you as a settlement towards your
GC processing.

this may help you to expedite it later, if you do decide to do so.

My 2 cents.
-Mitr

No Title

I\'ve paid way more than that as my share of the GC. It was agreed up front and anyway in the current work climate I did not want to stand out. I would gladly pay $1k to get my GC now, and that\'s on top of what I\'ve paid so far.

IMO the amount of money is not the real thing to be worried about. The problem is more one of principle. What will he/she come up with after this one issue?

I think it is fair to discuss with them and tell them that you do not remember about this agreement. Ask very politely if there are other items that you need to be aware of. Depending on how the discussion goes you have to weight your next move.

If they are very understanding and just back off or discuss very calmly the details then it is a good sign for your future in the company. If not, document this incident very well in the unlikely case you have to explain to the INS that you had the intention to work indefinitely for the company when you got GC but then this issue happened.

Should you decide to go on your own and start your own company you will have contract negotiations every day, so use this discussion as a good training session.

I would also like to know what is a desi company. Somebody posted the meaning of this and other words on the isn dg a while back ...

Take care!

ProActive: do U know whole 485 file alotted to one IIO or 485 for one 131 for one and 765 for one??

do U know whole 485 file alotted to one IIO or 485 for one 131 for one and 765 for one??

ProActive:Is this RD or ND...any idea???

How to Read this Report:
An application or petition with a Receipt Notice date listed above should be processed within 30 days of this notice. If the receipt date on your Receipt Notice shows an earlier date and thirty days have passed since that receipt date, please send an inquiry to fax number (949)389-3485. If you applied after the indicated date, we are not processing your case at this time.