Is VSC processing backwards?

thalai

Registered Users (C)
Looking at the september approval RDs, VSC
is processing september cases backwards!
I remember same thing happened for August
approvals. What the hell is wrong with VSC?

RD=9/7/01

In almost all the cases we see that the processing for each month starts from the end. My view on this is that as applications keep on arriving, the INS stacks them up in monthly piles. Later when they start processing each month they just start taking files from the top of the stacks. As a result for each month we find the approvals start coming from the end. When they have several stacks for each month we might see approvals coming from different parts of the month. This is how I explain the current trend in processing.

YES

It is backwards! From my more than half year observation, they roughly process cases in reverse order.

Group A: 1-10 of a month
Group B: 11-20 of a month
Group C: 21-31 of a month

Idiots in group A are always the slowest. Maybe Group A even has a lot of July and August cases on hand now.

Anyway, we should feel happy for our fellow September folks.
I expect mine to be the last one to be processed anyway.

good luck to all.

:mad: Unfortunately I fall in the group A category for the month so looks like I will be one of the unlucky few in the coming months asking "Any unfortunate september filers left??"
Perhaps I should just hibernate for the rest of the year and wake up early next year to see how things are going.

:confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :eek:
Good Night All.

my lawyer made me sucks!

I submit all my 485 application materials to my lawyer on 9/20 last year, and my lawyer promised me to send it out the next day by 2nd day fedex. I called her several times to confirm she told me she sent it out on 9/25, actually she sent it on 9/31, so i got my RD Oct.1.

I think only 1 day can make a lot difference now! Oct.1 means 2 months delay than Sept. 31st!

I am really upset!

Hope to see more Sept approvals this week!

Hope to see more Sept approvals this week!
Still August/Juy cases are pending. Hope more cases get approved soon.

Why are even September folks wasting their time when Aug folks & even some july folks are still waiting...Are these few sept approvals really genuine ?

From Murthy.com

At MurthyDotCom you can be assured that we post newly published Processing Times as soon as they become available to us. Please note that INS service centers publish their times on differing schedules, which are not necessarily predictable.

The Law Office of Sheela Murthy releases the dates and information as provided by the INS to AILA. It is our experience that actual processing dates sometimes differ from those released by the respective Service Centers. Please use the dates in this table as a guideline.

Vermont Service Center Processing Times - August 2002 :
(Information current as of August 05, 2002)

Resident Status Services :

Application Processing
Petition Type for Initial
Receipt
Date
================================

I-485 Adjustment 08.15.2001

Source: American Immigration Lawyers Association 2002.

Posted Aug 20, 2002