Is this true?

krishsur4GC

Registered Users (C)
I came to know thru' my friend that US is no longer accepting person holding 20 year passport and there could be a problem at Port of entry , unless if the passport is changed to 10 year one. My wife is holding 20 year passport. Recently EAD/AP and I485 was filed for her with the copy of the passport. will it have any impact in the process. Meanwhile if I change my wife's passport to 10 year , by applying a new one , then how do I intimate INS about it.Do any one are in similiar situation?.

regards

kris

Yes that is true.

Better to get the validity reduced to 10yrs by the local Indian embassy to prevent any issues in case she needs to go out and come back into the country.

Hi krishsur4GC,

I just read on web at samachar.com where The Times of India reports that the US will accept 20-year passports issued by the Indian Govt. Hope this helps. You may check.

Good luck.

DIGS

livingonthedge said:
Yes it is true, made news on all Indian print Newspapers as well.
Vascodagama,DIGS and livingonedge,

Thanks for the info. I also just read that news article from Timesofindia .

regards

kris

--------------

krishsur4GC said:
I came to know thru' my friend that US is no longer accepting person holding 20 year passport and there could be a problem at Port of entry , unless if the passport is changed to 10 year one. My wife is holding 20 year passport. Recently EAD/AP and I485 was filed for her with the copy of the passport. will it have any impact in the process. Meanwhile if I change my wife's passport to 10 year , by applying a new one , then how do I intimate INS about it.Do any one are in similiar situation?.

regards

kris
US to accept 20-year passports

IANS[ WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2005 06:17:30 PM ]

Sign into earnIndiatimes points

NEW DELHI: The United States accepts all Indian passports including those with a 20-year validity, the consular section of the American embassy here said on Wednesday.

Contrary to recent press accounts, the travelling public is advised that the 20-year passport is also recognised as valid travel document issued by the Indian government to its citizens, an official communique said.