Is this the real WELCOME letter

NBC_June04

Registered Users (C)
Guys I just received the following:
REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW
(You are hereby notified to appaer for the interview appointment, as scheduled above, for the completition of your App,lication To register permenanent Redidence...)
With all provisions what to bring and etc. Is that the Real WELCOME letter!!! Cant' believe it. If it is, it didn't take even 10 months from the initial filling to the interview date.
Further I've made so many terrible mistakes with my initial docs, I thought I was going to receive an intent of denial :confused: :) :) Cant'belive my eyes

amishah said:
Congrates NBC_June04. Time to celebrate :)
Thanks! So THAT"S really IT????? Such a relief! We have so many questions though like proof of US citizenship for my husband. The only docs we have are DL and Birth Certificate ??? They want despite the Birth C and another government issued doc. He doesn't have a passport cause he's never left the USA :confused: :confused: What else
But we have an infopass apt next week, hope we'll get the answers.
Now awaiting again

NBC_June04 said:
Thanks! So THAT"S really IT????? Such a relief! We have so many questions though like proof of US citizenship for my husband. The only docs we have are DL and Birth Certificate ??? They want despite the Birth C and another government issued doc. He doesn't have a passport cause he's never left the USA :confused: :confused: What else
But we have an infopass apt next week, hope we'll get the answers.
Now awaiting again

That is NOT the welcome letter, the welcome letter will be issued once you are approved after interview. Sorry I have to disappoint you, but you are very close.

My husband does not have any passport either, in fact, he was never asked to show his evidence for citizenship during the interview. So don't worry.

Good Luck for your interview.

In our interview the officer asked for both passport as well as citizenship certificate. so it really depends on the officer. you should be prepared for all.

when is the interview? you can get passport in two weeks if you pay an extra fee.

Puzzled said:
That is NOT the welcome letter, the welcome letter will be issued once you are approved after interview. Sorry I have to disappoint you, but you are very close.

My husband does not have any passport either, in fact, he was never asked to show his evidence for citizenship during the interview. So don't worry.

Good Luck for your interview.
What will a welcome a letter invite you faor. That's basicly a letter notifying you for the interview, when you'll be either denied or approved. What's after it in case everything goes fine? Waiting for name check? Green card in the mail?? Sorry for asking stupid questions

romit said:
In our interview the officer asked for both passport as well as citizenship certificate. so it really depends on the officer. you should be prepared for all.

when is the interview? you can get passport in two weeks if you pay an extra fee.
The inteview is on April 5th. But I thought an American needs a passport only in case he plans on traveling outside of the USA???

NBC_June04 said:
The inteview is on April 5th. But I thought an American needs a passport only in case he plans on traveling outside of the USA???

it is true that americans don't need a passport unless travelling outside. The officer asked for it and I submitted it. I have no idea what the officer would have said if I did not have it. so, better be ready for everything than speculating on something.

NBC_June04 said:
What will a welcome a letter invite you faor. That's basicly a letter notifying you for the interview, when you'll be either denied or approved. What's after it in case everything goes fine? Waiting for name check? Green card in the mail?? Sorry for asking stupid questions

The welcome letter is actually approval notice for I-485. The subject is Welcome to the United States of America even though you are already in :)

If everything is going well and your name check has completed, you will receive the welcome letter first and then the green card. If your name check has not done yet, you have to wait until they receive the results and then the welcome letter will be issued.

Congratulations NBC!!! Hope everything goes fine in your interview. I suggest you the take the certificate of citizenship and DL. It is not necessary to carry a passport. If you can get the passport by then, go ahead and get it. It does not hurt to spend another couple hundred dollars when you have come this close.

One last question that I have asked everybody who has received a 485 approval. Which country are you from? I am yet to see a Pakistani receive 485 approval in my last 3 months affiliation to this forum.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the support and inputs guys. I still cant believe my eyes, cause I totally messed up the initial filling of I-485.Very stupid mistakes made because of ignorance.I was a ball of nereves lately. That's why I scheduled Infopass to see if I can amend the application. But somebody I guess actually looked at it and figured that the mistakes were stupid.The copies of passport, DS, I-94 gave the answers.
I'll stil be hanging around with stupid questions :rolleyes: :) Thank you again.
I am still not sure about something. We are changing address with my hun next month, right before the interview. Do you think it could mess things up?

EricNeesGC, I am sorry to say - I am not a Pakistanian. Does it really matter, what nationality you are?

Well...constitutionally it should not matter. However, I am seeing a trend in cases being delayed for people applying from Pakistan, Bangladesh or a few other Muslim countires.

Hope I am wrong.