Is this normal?

Sba

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I mailed my citizenship application to VSC on Feb 7.
My question: I see that my cheques have been cashed, but I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS. Is that normal?

Thanks.

Sba said:
Hello everyone,

My question: I see that my cheques have been cashed, but I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS. Is that normal?

Thanks.
Wait at least 3-4 weeks AFTER VSC cashes your check. At that point you will get your Receipt Letter.

They cashed my check on Jan 19 and they sent me the notice on Jan, 30

Sba said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Sba said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Sba, you're setting your expectations with USCIS too high. Come on, you just sent the application on Feb 7 and are expecting the notice a little less than a week after? Considering just how much time it takes the mail to go back and forth they would have to be the most efficient government agency for you to have received any letter, and they are not.

This is a months process, not days, so sit back, relax and rest assured that everything so far is normal. They open your application, process your check, enter your data and mail you the notice, it takes a few days from cashing to actually receiving correspondence from USCIS.

Like others have said, just relax. I sent my N400 on Feb. 7 and they were received on Feb. 9. My checks have not even be cashed... As Huracan mentioned, we need to take a chill pill and have realistic expectations here.

Join the gang and lets ride patiently together.

Sba said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

My receipt notice was mailed 10 weeks after VSC received my N-400. Does not happen to most applicants but can happen sometimes. So, chill out and enjoy the ride. :)

I have not seen your post, so I started new thread for
the same topic.

I mailed N-400 on December 28. Have not received the notice yet.
It seems like we are in the same basket.

--