Is this Normal?

pardeshi1

Registered Users (C)
I received email notification about approval of our cases on 14th of March. I have not received the paper notificaion by mail yet.
Tonight all of a sudden I receive 8 emails from USCIS (4 for me and 4 for my wife) indicating that our card has been ordered. The online message reads like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:

On March 22, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not gone for PP stamping.
Now I am pondering if this is normal. I was thinking about going for PP stamping in about 2 weeks. If they are going to mail my card soon does it mean I don't have to go for PP stamping?
One more thing "When does my Permanent Residency starts? Upon approval or upon issuance of card?"

Could you guys shed some light, please?

Pardeshi

I believe when you go for stamping they filled out 'Creation of record' I-181 that triger the card process.

in ur case u are still waitng ... so I believe it may be system error only in card order issue ... not ur apprval... we all hope and pray ur apprval is on the way :D

Good Luck

Typically that message is for approval of an EAD application and ordering of EAD cards. In your case it looks like a system error unless you have also filed for EAD.

With TSC, I would take anything!!!.(They may even send a green card when you try to renew your H1B!!). In your case we have to wait and see!!. Keep us all updated.

I think it is normal under code 3. FP

When did you do your finger print? Did you do the biometrics at the same time when you got the FP done?

If yes, that message might make sense now. Under the new procedure, after your 485
got approved and your green card will be ordered directly from TSC. In this case, you don't need to do PP anymore.

This is just what I think based on the information of code 3 when I got FP notice.

find said:
When did you do your finger print? Did you do the biometrics at the same time when you got the FP done?

If yes, that message might make sense now. Under the new procedure, after your 485
got approved and your green card will be ordered directly from TSC. In this case, you don't need to do PP anymore.

This is just what I think based on the information of code 3 when I got FP notice.

Find, did you LUD changes after FP?

Find's explanation makes sense. And if you see in vermont forums there are number of cases like this. So, presumably its new practice CIS started following with code 3 FP (i.e. with biometrics) done.

Question for User "Find"

Find

I assume you have already done your FP at atlanta ASC. Please post your experince. Next month me and my wife have to do our FPs at atlanta ASC. I would really appreciate if you could response to me few question. Thanks in advance

1. What was your FP code? Was it 3?
2. Did ASC do your biometrics automatically or did you have to tell them?
3. Does atlanta ASC knows about FP code 3?
4. What documents do you need to take with you?
5. Can you do FPs early? if yes then how do make appt.

Your response will be very healpful.

EB2-NIW

I140 AD 5/2004
I485 RD 6/2004
FP Scheduled 4/05

boquita said:
Find, did you LUD changes after FP?
Hi, Boquita

I did my FP on 3/16/2005. Then my 485 LUD is changed to 3/17/2005. But the
message is the same. After that it never changed and stay as 3/17/2005.

We did our FP on 02/15/2005 and got our approval on 03/14/2005. They took our FP digitally. He took our pictures as well as digital signature. Is it mean that he took our biometrics?

I am getting ready to call USCIS.

I will update on what they have to say.

Our 485's were approved on Mar 9th and also received the original approval notices.Last week I received a FP notice for biometrics and my attorney said that this is a new process for new applicants and is computer generated.And the lawyer said that, Since our 485's are approved we can ignore the notice.And the FP notice(for biometrics) also says this.

Now today, we received email saying this:

On March 23, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Not sure what is this.....