Is this just a common lawyer or a bad one?

pwgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My lawyer is going to file I140 and I485 con-currently for EB1 for me.
I pre-paied 1000 for I140, 800 for 485, plus INS fees. (the rest 3000 will be paied upon I140 approval). But what bothers me is that the lawyer don't seem to know what he is doing. I have to come to this board and check out all infomation on the potential pitfalls about the filing and remind him. For example, he don't even tell me to give him infomation needed for I325, no medical exams, and he didn't ask for my pictures until I asked about it, and all this time he said it is already ALL READY TO FILE except waiting for 2 of my reference letters. Now, at last, it is ALL ready, but he refuses to let me have a look at my cover letter. I am worried that everything was writen by his assitance, which must have lots of grammer mistakes just like those reference letter protocols he gave me. By the way, all reference letter contain one exact sentence "...... risen to the top of his field... " , as if he just want to make sure those letters looks like written by one person.....

My questions is, is this a common way of lawyer to do business? and is this the way to write supporting letter? Please comment.

No it is not usual. According to what you say, lawyer sounds totally not a professional. I know you have already spent a lot of money(I assume he already encashed checks)but if your application is not well done not only you will lose money but also time.

I suggest , you try to take all your documents including original LC back from him and find someone else.

pwgc

Don't try to write reference letter yourself. Seek help from somebody. There are many grammar and spelling mistakes even in your post to this thread...

Change the lawyer

According what you said you are paying the same amount that my
company paid for green card to my lawyer including labor.
And all the legal assistants I talked are familiar with immigration
process(Never talked to attorney and they assign one legal assistant
as contact for each level of the process).

I would recommend you change the lawyer.

Sept13