Is this acceptable for birth cert?

eloqgib

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE that wants me to submit birth cert. The good news is that this means thats the only thing missing. The bad thing is that I dont have a birth cert.

So I called up the hospital where I was born and they dont have my original from back in the 70s but they have a record of my birth and they put that down on paper along with a stamp and signature of authority etc. However they signed the form with a 2006 date. So its basically a reproduction of my birth cert in 2006. Is this ok?

My other option is to get one from my embassy. Will that be acceptable?

Thanks.

I got an RFE that wants me to submit birth cert. The good news is that this means thats the only thing missing. The bad thing is that I dont have a birth cert.

So I called up the hospital where I was born and they dont have my original from back in the 70s but they have a record of my birth and they put that down on paper along with a stamp and signature of authority etc. However they signed the form with a 2006 date. So its basically a reproduction of my birth cert in 2006. Is this ok?

Thanks.

There should be registration date on the birth certficate. Check it.
Ceritificate issued by embassy is not accepted. Other option is to give a affidevit from your mother showing that original birth certificate is not available.

Go to your Home country 's Consulate or Embassy and request for Birth Certificate.

That is good enough for USCIS

Thanks.