Is this a misrepresentation-help please

jingc

Registered Users (C)
I made a big mistake by following my lawyer's instruction. He told me that I should answer "NO" when asked if I have filed before on refiled I140 and I485 forms under the condition of having withdrawn the first cases. (I haven't recieved a comfirmation letter about withdrawn yet)

Later on, I got to know from other lawyers that it may be a misrepresentation of a material fact which may lead to denial. It was truely not my intention to lie. I questioned my lawyer about it, but he seemed really sure and insisted on saying NO. He also told me I would have a different Alien number for the second case which was not true. Could someone tell me if my lawyer's interpretation is totally wrong? How come he told me he had always done it and no problem? If it does lead to denial, can I sue the lawyer?

Also, what can I do to correct it now? Would an amended I140 and I485 work? or I should call customer service center to correct myself?

Is it too late to do anything? I am really worried and would feel really sorry for myself if the case got denied because of this.

And suggestions would be highly appreciated!