Is there a restriction on where one can work after approval?

srinivinod

Registered Users (C)
I am posing an hypothetical situation here. If a person has his 485 approved and then gets laid off, is he restricted to find other job within the jurisdiction of where he was approved? In otherwords if a person was approved in Texas, can he work in NY? Does the place have any bearing at all, given that the person is laid off anyway by the original sponsor?

Should not be

Especially with AC21. The only time changing jobs after approval for EB cases came into play was when going for citizenship previously. INS pretty much expected you to stay with employer 6 - 12 months after approval since EB based jobs were for jobs in the future. Even then I think as long as you had a letter stating that you were released from the company INS would not have a problem.

I guess it could only become a question if INS doubted the validty of the Labor Cert but with the economy the way it has been doubt they would. AC21 and 180 day rule does not cover leaving employer after GC but because of it I don\'t think INS will care anymore.

Just my opinions