Is the retrogression for EB3 categories will include people already filed for 485?

I485sept03

Registered Users (C)
Is the retrogression for EB3 categories will include people already filed for 485? or it will work only on new filers?

I485sept03 said:
Is the retrogression for EB3 categories will include people already filed for 485? or it will work only on new filers?

I'm afraid the answer to your question if "yes" per the "Rescission of March 3, 2004 Policy Concurrent Adjudication of Concurrent I-140/I-485" memo that was recently released by USCIS:

http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=17148

On page 4 of the document, there is a section titled "8. Pipeline Form I-485s".
It talks about "pending" or "pipeline" cases - those I-485 applications physically received on or before Dec 30, 2004 but subsequently affected by retrogression.
It says those cases will be held pending until such time as a visa number becomes available. However, EAD and AP will continue to be issued.

I think a 485 filed with a PD of before 01-Jan-2002 then that 485 will not be affected by the retrogression.

Gurus...Correct me if I am wrong

Yes U r right but i dont think so practcally the USCIS people follow that memo(thier IQ of understanding the memo ?).I dont think so thier system designed for that PD date handling .They will process the pending application as it is. The incomi ng appliucation may affect the retrogression.

Now I am getting worried....

My Labor PD is Jul-2001
Labor AD is Apr-11-2002
I-140 AD is Sep-26-2002
I-485 RD is Jan-23-2003

Should I be worried ??????????????

chinnipappu said:
Now I am getting worried....

My Labor PD is Jul-2001
Labor AD is Apr-11-2002
I-140 AD is Sep-26-2002
I-485 RD is Jan-23-2003

Should I be worried ??????????????
I think you should not worry at all. But to confirm this "what is your PD ?" Please check your I-140 approval notice if you have. The PD date is mentioned at right hand column on your I-140 approval notice. Generally it is your Labor filing date and yours Jul-2001.
Thx,

HasiruPatra bro..wake up.

HasiruPatra:

Dude,

You got to be kidding me. You don't think that BCIS will be able to handle cases based upon priority date. It used to be like that 2 years ago. But if you want to console yourself with this foolish argument ... I am ok with it.

Bottom like is that people with PD after Jan 1, 2002 are pretty much screwed.

Take care,

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
does any one have an opinon?????

what happens to dependents with approved primary and with rfe

and btw when do u guys think the dates will move
my pd is march 2002

PD Jan 03(EB3).. any guesses when it will become current...

Hi Guys,
My PD is Jan 04(EB3).. filed 140/485 Oct-04 ...
when shud I expect the dates to move to Jan-04 ...an year or 2 ? any precedence of this rule ?

Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks
MM

mastmastana said:
Hi Guys,
My PD is Jan 04(EB3).. filed 140/485 Oct-04 ...
when shud I expect the dates to move to Jan-04 ...an year or 2 ? any precedence of this rule ?

Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks
MM

According to one bulletin...new cut-off-dates for Immigrant Visa will be updated during March 2005.