Is RFE a good thing?

snafu

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering if that is the case...

Based on what has happened so far, it looks like getting an RFE speeds up the process. I know of many cases that were filed around the date I filed that had received an RFE. They have all received their I-140 approvals once their RFEs were responded to. If there is no RFE, the file is put aside I guess.

But then, beware of what you wish for.. you just might get it!!!

So, I'm not sure if I want an RFE. But if I get one, atleast I'll know they are working on my case and can then hope for a resolution in the 'near' future :rolleyes: .

What I'm trying to say is that this status quo isn't helping anyone and is certainly getting on my nerves.

Immigrationwatch.com list all approvals by date (i.e. LIN #). Strangely there is no entry for LIN040565****. Looks like they haven't touch a single case filed on Dec 22 '03. I have seen approvals for cases filed on the 24th and 23rd of Dec '03! Just my luck I guess :( :mad:

EB3
LC PD: 02/27/2002 - Sub. (Retrogression affected) :(
I-140 RD/ND: 12/22/2003 LUD: 01/13/2004
I-140 AD: ???
I-485 RD/ND: 01/13/2004 FP: 06/15/2004 LUD: 02/25/2005
I-485 AD: ???

2nd AP RD/ND: 02/07/2005
2nd AP AD: 02/25/2005

2nd EAD RD/ND: 02/07/2005
2nd EAD AD: ???

It's not necessarily that an RFE will speed up the case, it is just that they only issue RFEs when they are processing your case. So they will continue working on your case as soon as they receive your response. This usually means that a decision on your case will be made shortly after the RFE reply.

What I'm trying to get at is ....

when INS receives an application, they do a preliminary check, if they find something glaringly obvious, they immediately issue an RFE. If they do not find something very obvious or they do not have any questions, the application is set aside and processed in due time. But if they do find something that (they feel) warrants additional info, they issue an RFE. When they receive a response to the RFE, they then process the application immediately.

So one idea would be to submit an application with something missing which would force them to send an RFE. Once you respond, they will end up processing the application immediately.

I'm just speculating here. I would try this only if I have no problems with Education Eval or Company Ability to Pay etc. Anyways this is worth a try. I have seen this happen to a couple of my friends.

But I guess this would only work (if you are lucky) for new applicants. So I guess, I shouldn't(read hope not to) receive an RFE at this stage!!!

I hope you are right!

I never expected for RFE on my I-140 or I-485. I got RFE on I-485 last week. They received today. If you are right, I hope you are! My I-485/I-140, should be processed soon. However, with my luck will be another 6 months.

My datas:
EB3, NRC
PD:09/02
RD 02/19/04, ND 02/23/04 (I140/I485)
RFE 03/16/05 I-485 and received on 03/21/05
AD????

snafu said:
So one idea would be to submit an application with something missing which would force them to send an RFE. Once you respond, they will end up processing the application immediately.

I liked the idea --- it makes sense -- keep the application complete but for one simple thing -- like say photograph.
The officer will say hey -- lets RFE him on photograph -- but ney I should add something to it too -- so he will dig in to application and find something yet simple missing.

Hey thats the good idea -- atleast the application get touched and the officer is too busy with non important thing.

Lets call this process -- RFE Route ... this will be like premium processing of 140 and 485.