Is original I140 approval required for cp interview

vikrant_dhole

Registered Users (C)
I understand that original I140 approval is to be reproduced during cp-interview.. is this correct and absolutely mandatory?

vikrant_dhole said:
I understand that original I140 approval is to be reproduced during cp-interview.. is this correct and absolutely mandatory?

{I-140 is must, but I will be surprised if you have that in you hand. I mean if your's is AC-140 then the lawyer will be sending it directly to consulate and if it is regular then NVC will be sending it, at the max you can have copy of it given by your lawyer.

Hope this clears your doubt }

I140 is with my lawyer

Mine is a normal NVC case (i.e. not a AC case) and i am in india for the past 2 years and everything is/was handled by my company lawyer.

VM, one thing what worries me is "...NVC will be sending it, at the max you can have copy of it given by your lawyer..."

My lawyer is telling that I140 approval is with him and he plans to send me.
(I am not sure if my lawyer is having the original I140 approval or a photocopy of it..i will ask him today)

is the original I140 approval supposed to go to NVC who than sends it to mumbai consulate?

what if the lawyer has the original I140 approval and he sends to me and I carry it personally on the interview date?

This thing is scaring me....VM or anybody who can through some light on above please...?

Thanks

The NVC will already have the notificaiton of 140 approval and will convey the consulate of the same. No need to worry about this. At the most carry whatever your lawyer send you.

Vikrant,
To add to Alren's post two approval forms are generated one is sent to NVC and other to your lawyer, so that is what he(lawyer) is planning to give you. Don't get confused and as said above don't worry just take what ever your lawyer gives you to interview.

thanks

Question for VM1214:

VM - Is the whole I140 Application (along with the approval notice) forwarded to the consulate by NVC? or is just the one page approval notice. If only the approval notice is forwarded, then would it not be necessary for the Applicant to take the full I140 Application (with supporting documents) when they go for the interview??

Please shed some light.
Thanks
S

Sanjay,
I am not pretty sure on that question but for sure I-140 approval notice goes to NVC. As stated earlier before going to interview carry all the support documents provided to you by your lawyer, if he doesn't give by himself then ask him, insist him.

thanks

I concur. Although it was not reqd., not asked and not provided by the lawyer, I did carry the labor app., 140 app. and all the H1 apps.

Hi,

This board is really a boon for all GC aspirants.

I am a standard NVC case. I have got ORIGINAL green color I140 approval (Single page) and "Final Determination" from my lawyer, which I will be carrying along with photo-copies for the cp interview.

anybody can shed some light?

Last edited by a moderator:
ni_armstrong,

Thats Ok.

Generally, they don't ask for I-140 approval notice. They already have it with them.

What is a "Final Determination"?? A copy of the full I140 Application that was sent to USCIS??

Thanks.
S