Is my green card conditional?

leeeleele

Registered Users (C)
I just got my 485 approved together with my husband's 140 and 485 approvals. We have been married for less than one year as of today. I read something like if the marriage is less than 2 or 3 years before the green card is issued, the marriage-based green card will be conditional. A 'permanent' green card will be issued when the marriage becomes 3 years or more. Is this true? Or does it only apply to marriage-based green cards when the supporting spouse is American citizens?

leeeleele said:
I just got my 485 approved together with my husband's 140 and 485 approvals. We have been married for less than one year as of today. I read something like if the marriage is less than 2 or 3 years before the green card is issued, the marriage-based green card will be conditional. A 'permanent' green card will be issued when the marriage becomes 3 years or more. Is this true? Or does it only apply to marriage-based green cards when the supporting spouse is American citizens?

No it is not true. Marriage-based green card means it is based on marriage to a U.S. citizen who sponsors your green card. Yours is derivative green card based on empolyment. It is permanent, not conditional. Now you can fire your husband with no effect on your green card (just kidding).