Is my degree ok?

s_pharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am a pharmacy graduate from Lachoo College Jodhpur. It is affiliated to Rajasthan University. I completed my 4th Year final exams in December. But i just received the results - in April. The course is 4 year B.Pharma. degree.

For FPGEE, according to new requirements, after Jan 2003; you require 5 yr pharma degree. Should my degree be sufficient? If not, what else do i need to study?

thanks in advance for advice
s_pharma

Hi There,

as far i know, convocation certificate should mention that u completed u`r course before dec.certificate issue date doesn`t matter.
any u can call NABP and clarify u`r doubt.

Rao

Is there a FPGEE Application Tracker

Is there a FPGEE Application Tracker. I just submitted the application for FPGEE to NABP. Does any body know how much time is it taking for them to pass the judgement on the application. Does it depend on the college applicant attended?

I shall keep everyone posted.

s_pharma

Yes u can

If degree says that she completed her course in Dec 2002 then it's fine. I once asked this question to custserv@nabp.net. I got this answer

Yes she can apply with her 2002 4 year degree. You are correct.

Thanks,
Peter

can I pick up a job here with my indian degree?

Hi!
I have my work permit. is there any chance to take up some pharmacy related job using my indian degree while I am waiting to get my approval from FPGEC??
what study material will i require to prepare for the FPGEE?
thanks
s_pharma

confusion about FPGEC application

Hi !
I have this confusion about a column in the FPGEC application? It is asking for date degree issued and i have written the date stated in my degree as "she passed the b.pharma exam in oct'2002"
Is this OK or I had to write the date when I had received the degree from the universitywhich is may 2003?
how can I correct this now ?will they post a query for that?
please clear up the confusion
s_pharma

s_pharma,

that`s corrcet,
you won`t get any querry,on contrary if u had written may 2003,there is chance for querry.

rao

s_pharma,

i think you can also apply for a pharmacy technician and get the permit in 2-3 months...with that and your work permit you can work...

Where do u stay in any case ?

thanks iamvj.
I stay in SF CA. Ihave applied for the pharmacy technician permit.Is there anything else I can do with my Indian dgeree?I have also certified as a pharmcy technician.Do you know of nay pharmacy recruitment consultants?
s_pharma

Hi,

I am looking for exploring Pharmacy Tech jobs in East Coast. Actually, I am waiting for FPGEE approval and may be in JAN, I will appear.

Mean while i am writing Pharmacy Tech Exam this month(JULY)

Do you think one will get the H1 or work permit by qualifyingin this Tech Exam

thanks

srenevas

Originally posted by s_pharma
Hi

I am a pharmacy graduate from Lachoo College Jodhpur. It is affiliated to Rajasthan University. I completed my 4th Year final exams in December. But i just received the results - in April. The course is 4 year B.Pharma. degree.

For FPGEE, according to new requirements, after Jan 2003; you require 5 yr pharma degree. Should my degree be sufficient? If not, what else do i need to study?

thanks in advance for advice
s_pharma

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Mpharm help?

Hi

I idd my B Parm and passed on 2003Aug. Since the new rule for FPGEE need 5 years of study i jjoined for MParm. Willl that help me in any way?If not what are the other procedures in usa? I am already have h4 visa but waiting for my Mpharm to complete. So how ling will i need to study in Usa??

hi
I think your M pharm degree will be enuff . I suggest you complete it as you have started it . After which i think there should b no probs for you to appear for FPGEE .
Regards

can i get pharmacy tech job in a pharmacy with my workpermit

hai,
i have applied for fpgee, mean while i want to do some job in a pharmacy as a pharmacy technician.my GC is in process, i have completed my b.pharm in AP
i am california.if any one has applied as me please reply me as soon as possible.
my email id is pranitha27@yahoo.co.in
thank u
pranitha :)