Is my case attached to my lawyer?

Niti Upadhyay

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

A colleague was wondering if he can apply for EAD and/or EAD extension for him and his wife without using the lawyer.

The lawyer was charging the company seperately for my colleague and his wife. now our company decided that they won't pay for his wife's case. Is it ok to file for extensions and reply to RFEs urself instead of using the laywer who filed the 485?

Thanks,
Niti.

Yes you can do that yourself, it does not have to be done thru a lawyer. In fact, my attorney did give me the option of filing it on my own. It is a very simple procedure. Keep in mind though, if there is an RFE on the EAD application, will you be able to tackle it ?

Are you a green card holder?
or a silient visitor?
or just looking to fool around?

By the way, you don't need lawyer' services to apply for EAD/EAD Extensions and AP's unless your collegue is really DUMB.
Yes, for RFE's, a lawyer must be used.

Well, not necessarily. If the RFE is a simple one, you could handle it yourself too.

And i should agree that its a waste of extra $$ to do it thro a lawyer

Yes munnabhai02 I am a regular user of immigration portal. and I have applied for green card also. I don't think ppl ask these kinds of questions to just fool around.

my colleague doesn't know much about the system and I like to ask ppl on this forum who are more knowledgable than our lawyer.

anyways munnabhai02, it would be good if you are not so agressive. instead of inviting more ppl to join the group, ur reply might just make ppl like me not come to this forum again. Thanks for the info though. Its good to know that we should reply to RFEs ourselves.

Thanks,
Niti.

But for RFE the lawyer receives the letter

RFE details is sent to the lawyer [mentioned in the G28 form]

OmGV,
In case EAD application is done by yourselt, RFE will be sent to the applicant, not to the attorney. Most of the time EAD RFE will be about photos.

RFE on EAD

yeah... there was an RFE on EAD.. and that was for the photos.. thats what triggered this situation.

If the 485 gets an RFE which is sent to the lawyer, we can reply to it ourselves instead of the lawyer right?

Thanks everybody.
Niti.