Is my application an EB-2 or EB-3?!!! Help me please

kae_jolie

Registered Users (C)
Ok...I really need a tenth opinion because I can't get a consensus on this. First, My approved labor cert states the requirements for my position in section 14:
a 4-year BS degree in CS, CIS, EE, etc... and 3 years of experience. There is an asterisk (*) over the number of years (3*) which refers to section 15 of the application.
Section 15 states:
"As an alternative, the employer will accept a M.S. Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline plus one year or progressive experience."

As far as my credentials go, I have 3 Bachelor's degrees, 1 Master's and 4 years of experience before I joined the company.

I would appreciate your input on this preferrably if you yourself were in a similar situation or know someone who was/is. They are like a month and half away from processing my application and I need to travel outside the country in 3 months. I am not sure I'll get an answer before I travel. I have Advance Parole documents, but I am hesistant to fly with them because what if my application gets denied while I am outside the country...What a frickin' mess. I feel like I am an "alien" indeed. The way they treat you is just utterly inhumane in this country....I am still questioning why I keep accepting such abuse...Maybe I am just not used to losing any battle I go through and want to stick around till the end...but I am beginning to think this the wrong battle to fight, anyways...

Thanks in advance.........

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this possibly EB-2. Primary requirements (BS+3) doesn't warrant EB-2. You don't qualify for the alternative requirements (MS+1). I would be surprised if this qualifies for EB-2.

kae_jolie said:
Ok...I really need a tenth opinion because I can't get a consensus on this. First, My approved labor cert states the requirements for my position in section 14:
a 4-year BS degree in CS, CIS, EE, etc... and 3 years of experience. There is an asterisk (*) over the number of years (3*) which refers to section 15 of the application.
Section 15 states:
"As an alternative, the employer will accept a M.S. Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline plus one year or progressive experience."

As far as my credentials go, I have 3 Bachelor's degrees, 1 Master's and 4 years of experience before I joined the company.

I would appreciate your input on this preferrably if you yourself were in a similar situation or know someone who was/is. They are like a month and half away from processing my application and I need to travel outside the country in 3 months. I am not sure I'll get an answer before I travel. I have Advance Parole documents, but I am hesistant to fly with them because what if my application gets denied while I am outside the country...What a frickin' mess. I feel like I am an "alien" indeed. The way they treat you is just utterly inhumane in this country....I am still questioning why I keep accepting such abuse...Maybe I am just not used to losing any battle I go through and want to stick around till the end...but I am beginning to think this the wrong battle to fight, anyways...

Thanks in advance.........

Even if you would qualify for alternate edu/exp, which is MS + 1 year, the primary is BS + 3, and that is the key. It is EB3.
I believe that even if primary experience would be MS + 1 and alternate would be BS + 3, PERM would not qualify for EB2 .

Last edited by a moderator: