Is Letter from new employer need to be sent to INS about new job details, if job is changed even aft

Raju_000

Registered Users (C)
I came to know about this site just yesterday. Have spent couple of hours digging through the cases and find it very informative.
Brief details about my case:
EB3 - India
PD: 01/98
ND: 10/99 from NSC (Case was transferred from Nebraska)
ND: 11/99 from TSC
FP : 2nd on 11/01
EAD : Received 3rd EAD after 90 days of processing.

Currently working with a new company for the last 1 year on the basis of by EAD card. Recently my lawyer from my new company has asked me that we should sent a letter to INS with all the details about my change in job since this is a new requirement. As per my lawyer, this will not spoil my case.

I would like to know is this a new requirement by INS and will it mess with my case? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Regards,
Raju.

Do as your lawer says

I had to change jobs after 180 days of filing I-485. I requested the lawyer of the new company to inform the INS about this job change. The lawyer wrote a letter to the INS, including a letter from the company stating my job title (which was the same from my old job) and job responsibilities (which were similar to my old job). My I-485 was approved on Jan 9, 2002 with no questions asked.