Is it true ?

Ladybuggy

Registered Users (C)
I mean to ask this a while back but never got around to it .. anyways ...............
When I called the 1-800 # and wanted to know about my case they told me they can only see what I can see online under my "profile" on the USCIS Website.
You know when it says we have recieved your Application on this and this date and we will let you know ....... you know and so on.
The reason why I ask is that I know I am stuck in the Name Check .. otherwise why haven't I heard anything. But I also wanted to know whether they updated my new Address and she was not able to tell me that on the phone so I had to make an Infopass which is in Kansas City, over 2 Hours away from me which is quite a ways away and it kind of eerks me that I have to make a over 4 hour round trip for a 1 minute conversation.
You know what I mean ...
So yea .. pretty much down to the point question is .. is it true that they only see what we can see under out profile or can they dig deeper and was that lady on the other end of the line able to tell me what Address she had in her computer under my application and file ?

The 1st level of customer service cannot give you any more information. If you get beyond them and get to speak with an immigration officer, they may volunteer additional information.

I don't believe that either. I have called customer service several times and they can tell more information than what I could see under my profile.

For example they were able to verify my mailing address, A#,DOB etc. when I called them just make sure they have the right information and this was done by the first level customer service representative.

I may have called the 800 number about 4 times and every time the first level CSR was able to confirm my details.

Hope this helps.

I am sorry but that is not right ... :mad:

I had to drive 2 hours for a few hour conversation there and then 2 hours back ... grrr ... lol.
Next time I just call several times until I get a "nice enough" person to see if my address is good or whatever I need to know.