is it Safe to travel on AP when I485 approval Received

nagrawa

Registered Users (C)
I saw this question in this forum but ther was no answer to it, CAn someone please help

485 approved on OCT7th as per online status; travel plans on NOv 24th. Approval notice received Nov 14th This case is in Charlotte INS office and the earliest appt I can get is on Nov 29th
Is it safe to travel out with a valid AP, come back on Dec 20th and get stamped? Should we expect any problems at POE in this case? Trying to avoid massive cancellation charges on air ticket. As this concerns me and my wife

My lawyer says that as long as you have valid AP while 485 is in process there shouldnt be any problems. I am travelling on Dec 3rd and will be the first tiem using AP, so we'll see. All my other friends who travelled taht way did not have any problems.

JJBBKK said:
My lawyer says that as long as you have valid AP while 485 is in process there shouldnt be any problems. I am travelling on Dec 3rd and will be the first tiem using AP, so we'll see. All my other friends who travelled taht way did not have any problems.
The OP has concerns using AP *AFTER* 485 is approved !!

Of course, you'll have no issues using AP WHILE 485 is in process - that's about the only purpose of an AP !!

nagrawa said:
I saw this question in this forum but ther was no answer to it, CAn someone please help

485 approved on OCT7th as per online status; travel plans on NOv 24th. Approval notice received Nov 14th This case is in Charlotte INS office and the earliest appt I can get is on Nov 29th
Is it safe to travel out with a valid AP, come back on Dec 20th and get stamped? Should we expect any problems at POE in this case? Trying to avoid massive cancellation charges on air ticket. As this concerns me and my wife
nagrawa: I don't think it'll be that easy - -since your 485 was approved on OCT 7th.....
Why did it take till NOV 14th to get the approval notice ? It usually comes within a week or 10 days ?!?!
Since your 485 was approved much before your travel date (Nov 24), you may have trouble when coming back .... check with your lawyer again

I agree with Max2k1,
you may encounter problems while enetring at POE. Why dont you try taking you approval notice and air tickets without infopass. Thay may stamp your passport. Make sure to bring all documents mentioned on approval notice. good luck