Is it possible to get B Visa after returning from US on H-1B?

bbli

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to get B Visa approval after returned from US on H-1B?

Sincerely need some advice on my situation.

I have just recently returned to my home country from USA after being there for 9 years (3 years on F-1 and 6 years on H-1B). Right now I'm thinking to visit my fiancee in US for a couple of weeks around Nov 2004. Does anyone know if the US consulate will grant me a visitor Visa since I have applied for both F-1 and H-1B before. :confused: Also, I just came back from US, I don't have any strong ties to show the US consulate excepts an active bank account (no employment yet, no solid property, no personal loan). Does anyone has the similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

BB

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always come here for a conference or a workshop related to your professional sphere (try to be a presenter); not likely to get a B1/B2 for tourism after having spent 9 years! And definitely not to meet your fiance'

Hello all,

I have a similar situation. I was in the US for almost 6 years on H1-B visa with my wife and kids. We returned to our country last November and want to visit our US friends in the summer. One of my children was born in US but the oldest was born here in my home country, however they both have friends in US.

I have a part-time teaching job here in my country but have not found a full time job. However I have previously held B1-B2 visa (that has already expired)...

Could it be too difficult to get visitor visas in our situation? what is the best advice in our case? Anybody else had a similar experience?

Thanks and Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator: