is it possible Nebraska is tied up with Special Registration?

neb_queue

Registered Users (C)
Pakistan, Armenia, Saudi got added to Special registration requirements today. While these guys are required to appear in person at the local INS offices, it is possible that some of the resources at Nebraska, vermont etc are dedicated to support that. I am thinking, even after lifting the so called "freeze", we will see approvals at a slow pace, unless Nebraska gets more funds and employees. Giving greencards to us doesn't seem to be anywhere in their list of priorities. Hey, I am no expert, but it doesn't take much to say "forget about greencards and get back to our lives for a while".

If you are from any of the three countries listed above and your I-485 is pending do you still have to go through the special registration process?

This blows! :mad:

From immigration-law.com:

Disappointing Trend of Green-Card & Related Applications Adjudication of INS

The October 2002 statiscal report of the INS which reflects the INS immigration benefits adjudications in September 2002 indicates that applications and petitions for immigration benefits in October 2002 increased 42 percent compared to the number received in October 2001, while October approvals were down 16 percent, and denials increased by 41 percent when compared to October 2001. It is obvious that the statistics for adjudications in October, November, and December 2002 will be much worse considering the fact that the INS has been in a mode of standstill for most of these cases. Unconfirmed sources indicate that the current freeze situation involves more than FBI clearance issue. Apparently, it is also affected by the work of transition of the INS functions to the new DHS. Even without such unique circumststances, the INS has historically shown a substantial slow down of adjudications during the year-end holiday season.