is it possible for me to file NIW

keyuer

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I just graduated in May as PH.D. I am in OPT period and looking for a job now. From all kinds of internet BBS, I acknowledged that some people in my status have got NIW approval. I would like to start preparing my filing now.

However I am not sure how to discribe my current status in the petition since I have no job yet. I will greatly appreciate it if some friends can give me some clue on how to present my case.

Thank you very much.

Keyuer

keyuer said:
Dear Friends,

I just graduated in May as PH.D. I am in OPT period and looking for a job now. From all kinds of internet BBS, I acknowledged that some people in my status have got NIW approval. I would like to start preparing my filing now.

However I am not sure how to discribe my current status in the petition since I have no job yet. I will greatly appreciate it if some friends can give me some clue on how to present my case.

Thank you very much.

Keyuer

Since you didn't give to much background informations it is hard to help you. In general I would advice to talk to a lawyer.

keyuer said:
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much.

Keyuer

Without a job, how do you say that your work benefit USA (have and will continually)? I also heard that some students got NIW approval in VSC. But considering some Post-docs and research associates with many years experiences still receive RFE or even case denial, I would say that those people, who got their case approval when they were students, are the luckiest in the world.

Honkman is right, an attorney may help you to figure this out.

i got niw approval as a phd student on F-1 (CPT) before graduation from the phd program. i am also a medical doctor from india. you need to have publications, citations and letters of recommendation (most important criteria) from credible sources. get as many flattering letters of recommendation from your university professors, colleagues in industry, people who haven't worked with you directly but cited your work, and most importantly from the federal government (e.g. NIH). if the lawyer presents your case well, then it is not impossible.

good luck.