Is it p o s s i b l e?

zhaoster

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I have a very tide travel schedule right after the oath. It only allows one day to get a U.S. passport. Is it possible? and how?

yes possible...

but u need an appointment in advance ( for the service center). what state are you living in ?

Hi everyone,
I have a very tide travel schedule right after the oath. It only allows one day to get a U.S. passport. Is it possible? and how?
In all likelihood, it cannot be done. Even with appointments at passport service center, often times it takes longer than a day.

If you have a passport agency in your area, make an appointment in advance, you should be able to get it. Take a look at the link below to see if you have one the agencies. Be sure to bring all the necessary documents and your airline ticket.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html
"Should be able to get it" - do tell us how.
It normally takes more than one day.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1642446#post1642446
"I walked in to the passport agency at 11 am on the 13th and picked up my passport at 9:30 am on the 14th. I probably wasted $50 or so on gas but I couldn't wait to get this stuff behind me. I also had an itinerary showing me flying out on the 16th although they did not even look at the itinerary."

Unless your current country allows dual citizenship, you CANNOT travel to abroad without a US passport AFTER becoming a US citizen. It's against the US law, and I'm sure it would be against the law of your current country too if someone who is not their citizen would use a travel document (passport) issued by that country. Don't forget that you won't be a citizen of your country after becoming a US citizen unless your country allows dual citizenship. Plus, you cannot enter into the US without a US passport anyway if you are a US citizen. Naturalization certificate alone is not enough. Thus, you cannot use your previous passport issued from that country to travel in and out of US.

You have only two choices- The first one is to make an early appointment with Passport office regardless of where that office is located. If they are located so far that you would need to take a plane ride, then so be it. They will be able to issue you a passport right there and then within a few hours. And if they would give you a hard time to issue you the passport on the same day then speak to their supervisor who will be able to accomodate your request without a problem. However, make sure to take an airline ticket and some kind of proof to show the emergency to depart the US at very next day, in case if they want to see it to justify the expedited request.

The second choice is to delay/postpone your travel which you would be doing if first option won't work. There is no ifs, ands, buts, would, should, could...

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have a quick question and I would appreciate your reply. I am filing for GC through spouse.

1. in affidavit of support (I-864A)....for Income information I have over Poverty level for last year(2006) but not previous 2 years(when I was single)...so will it creates a problem in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

Yes, it is possible if you can get to a Passport Agency in person in the morning of the day when you want to get the passport. You need to make an appointment two weeks in advance (don't wait too long; slots fill up) and (in addition to the usual things) you need to take proof of your pending travel with you. Passport Agencies and information on how to make an appointment can be found at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html.

I was in the same situation and got my passport within six hours at the Washington/DC Passport Agency (see http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1623914&postcount=1240 for my report.)

Good luck!