Is it ok to switch job between interview and Oath?

ddxiao

Registered Users (C)
I just passed the interview and waiting for the Oath letter. It looks like it will be Oct. 24th or maybe Nov. However, I am considering joining a new company and they can not wait that long for me to join, therefore, I am wondering if anyone has the same experience and any risk for Oath for switching job?

Thanks in advance,

I am not aware of any risk. I don't think the oath letter asks you for any change of employment, but I don't have the oath letter in front of me now.

Feel free to change jobs, take a sabbatical or retire altogether. Employment is inconsequential to natz cases - the only reasons you are asked for employment history is (a) to support your residency claims and (b) to confirm you worked for your GC sponsor (if applicable)

I just passed the interview and waiting for the Oath letter. It looks like it will be Oct. 24th or maybe Nov. However, I am considering joining a new company and they can not wait that long for me to join, therefore, I am wondering if anyone has the same experience and any risk for Oath for switching job?

Thanks in advance,

Yes it is OK to switch job between interview and oath and it is OK to switch jobs at a much earlier time before you even apply for citizenship. The Green Card rights are very clear. You can work with any company and live anywhere you wish in the US. Many people create a lot of fear factors about the danger of switching jobs after receiving the Green Card (employment base Green Card) but there is nothing wrong with doing so.

Guys, thanks for all the response. The forum is so helpful that I found information through all stages of the process. Hope everyone has a smooth and happy naturalization process.

In my case

I am expecting my interview letter anyday now. I am a consultant and I have been on bench for the past couple of months. I don't have a project since I am looking for the right project. Does that mean I won't be granted citizenship coz I am not working or employed right now. I don't think so, but please feel free to add your comments. I like to know.
Thanks