Is it my day Today...????

soham13

Registered Users (C)
Freinds,

With tears in my eyes, hands shaking and heart trying to jump out, I read the message below again and again....! is it true ? Am I dreaming....! Wake me Up....! After being Exploited and looted on H1b ( by desi employers) for almost 8 years , I can't beleive this.....!

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,

Let me be the first to congratulate you. All the best. Take a day off and just let it sink in :)

Hopefully, we all will experience it soon.

Hearty Congratulations.
Buy Champaign and celebrate.
Please Remember us too.
Rgds
Rainu

Soham,

Congrats and Good luck with your new found freedom, you are not alone , most of us are more or less in the same boat ... exploited by H1B holder till we get our GC.

But there is a way to deal with it , we can do our marketing / get interviewed / finalize the rate and pass it on to our H1 holding company. That way we have a say in the money matters and we are no longer are at the mercy of our employer for pay rate and avoid being bounced from one state to another for every new project.

My employer is one of the typical exploiters and Iam successful in dealing with their exploitation techniques.

I have been doing this for past 4 years and I live in the same rented home though I changed clients 3 times.

Iam like any other Consultant in USA and this approach worked out for my advantage and I wish to share my experience.

Thanks

GCN

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats .. Enjoy the freedom

soham13,

Congrats on your approval. Be thankful but do not be amazed. You have worked hard and have made a lot of scarifices for this card. You deserve it. Enjoy the freedom, make the most of the new opportunites and try to help other immigrants in this tough situation.

All the best.

regards,

saras76

Congratulations

Heartiest Congratulations, Wish you the very best in life. Take a DAY OFF and enjoy!!!!

GC_Niravana said:
Soham,

Congrats and Good luck with your new found freedom, you are not alone , most of us are more or less in the same boat ... exploited by H1B holder till we get our GC.

But there is a way to deal with it , we can do our marketing / get interviewed / finalize the rate and pass it on to our H1 holding company. That way we have a say in the money matters and we are no longer are at the mercy of our employer for pay rate and avoid being bounced from one state to another for every new project.

My employer is one of the typical exploiters and Iam successful in dealing with their exploitation techniques.

I have been doing this for past 4 years and I live in the same rented home though I changed clients 3 times.

Iam like any other Consultant in USA and this approach worked out for my advantage and I wish to share my experience.

Thanks

GCN

Hi GCN,

Thank You ...!

I have been doing the same since last 5 years...! Getting clients on my own but still I suffered a lot...(moving, salary deductions, threats for H1 cancelation) ! But now it is all PAST ......!

It is worth mentioning my current employer who not only offered me the Sub. labor (without joining them) when my 6th year on H1B was expiring but also supported 7th year extension (joined them) and paid $6000 toward GC expences.....! It is because of them I am still here in USA....! So the moral is you meet GOOD people when you are all about to give up....!

I wish you all a GOOD LUCK....! If a complicated case like mine can get approval, then all others will get it for sure.....!

Thanks,

soham13,

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom...Nice to know old cases are getting approved...I think all guys,gals with current priority dates should initiate inquiry..It might convert into approval quickly...

saras76 said:
soham13,

Congrats on your approval. Be thankful but do not be amazed. You have worked hard and have made a lot of scarifices for this card. You deserve it. Enjoy the freedom, make the most of the new opportunites and try to help other immigrants in this tough situation.

All the best.

regards,

saras76

Saras,

Thank you so much...!

I agree . Will keep posting here...! You and POJ (along with others) have given me lot of encouragement and support during this long process....! Can't find words to express my gratitude ...!

Not sure it is worth doing so much for the GC , but yes it teaches you lot of lessons....! it makes you realize the importance of it when every one else have it and you don't....! Any ways things won't change much for me...But Still Today is the special day!

Thanks,

Soham13.

Nice hear the News. *** CONGRATS ***

I wanted to say many things about these Desi Employers...but, I guess, this is not appropriate place to publish.

Enjoy !

Soham13

I feel very happy for you. Congratulations.
After all your pain and suffering : Happy GC To you. Well desrved!

Congratulations!!

Enjoy your well deserved new found freedom by firing your H1 company(ofcourse get a better offer before doing that). Congrats!!

- gc_raja

say it. Just do it. I dont think people will complain

BanglaBabu said:
Nice hear the News. *** CONGRATS ***

I wanted to say many things about these Desi Employers...but, I guess, this is not appropriate place to publish.

Enjoy !

Your Name check story

Congratulations!!

I am just curious what is your story about the Name Check process. Can you please share?

TIA

Congratulations !!!

Hi soham13'
Congratulations on your aproval , you desire this !!! Enjoy your freedom together with your family and continue to stay with us too , and share your experience !!!
Hopefully one day all of us will enjoy FREEDOM in U.S. !!!

Congratulations, best wishes

I hope you have a well deserved happy day followed by a happy new life with your family.

Congrats

Hi Soham13, Enjoy the freedom.

PD June 2002 EB3 Ind
I-140 Filed on June 2003
I-485 File on Jan 15 2004
I-140 Approved April 7th 2005
Working on 2nd EAD
I-485 Approved on ??

Update on the Approval

damascus said:
Congratulations!!

I am just curious what is your story about the Name Check process. Can you please share?

TIA

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all you wishes.....! They mean a lot to me....!

For Name Chack, I did not do any thing except sending an email in last May to the standard email address found on this forum. But got no reply. It seems my Lawyers follow up with AILA inquiry worked for me. Earlier,The status inq. with USCIS got reply as no Visa available.Interestingly, My I-140 (AD : 03/07/2005) and 485 (AD : 03/07/2006) got approved on the same day exactly after a year.

Here is the latest update on my case.....!

"
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 10, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. "