Is it important to have Birth Certificate during the process of Citizenship?

s_send

Registered Users (C)
I have my birth certificate without my name on that because in India they dont know the child name during the birth... and I have read a lot here saying its important to have the same name as in birth certificate but I dont have a birthcertificate with a name on it.

Will this create problem? for not having a birth certificate with my name on it? Kindly anybody advise please... actually does IO check for the birth certificate ? and is it really important to list the names used in India or just use the name used in passport for the other name field in N-400?

Well it depends upon the Immigration Officer, however I have not seen many postes where the Birth Certifcate as asked during the interview. Did you submitt the same certificate (without your actual name) during the GC process?

Very few people are asked for their birth certificate during N-400 interview, so I wouldn't worry about it. Once you become a USC, you will need a birth certificate to sponsor parents for their GC's.

Very few people are asked for their birth certificate during N-400 interview, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Wait... you mean there's still a chance that I'll be requested to show my birth certificate? If so, I better go find my copy... I know I had it during the greencard application process.... :)

Wait... you mean there's still a chance that I'll be requested to show my birth certificate? If so, I better go find my copy... I know I had it during the greencard application process.... :)

Well neither my wife or I were asked for one, but there was a recent report of somebody here being asked. Its unlikely, but I suppose always a possibility!

Altough chances of asking BC are very slim, you are advised to have BC for the Interview. Technically, an Immigration officer can ask you to provide evidence for any info you filled in the N400. You are required to prove the officer that the date of birth you put on the application correct if asked. I would ot take chances if I can get it before the Interview process.