is it delay is normal..

vjshanker

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

Just need answers..to satisfied myself..i will appreciate if anybody send me there views...
According to my attorny..she responded my RFE on 06/17/04...she used US postal certified mail to sent a RFE...today is 06/25/04..it is more then one week and INS haven't recevied by RFE till today...what could be the reason...is it mail delay or they lost my mail. Anybody had the same experience..

rgds
vj

Track the certified mail #. I would always send mail to government agencies with certified mail and return receipt (which shows the packet was received by someone on a particular date). It is a matter of few bucks but it is peace of mind.

Not necessary that INS hasn't received your paperwork. It could just be that they haven't updated your web status. I would track the package using the tracking number before panicking.

I concur with dr I140. CSC is notorious for not updating the web site status. Look at the approval threads - people get approval notices in mail, but web site still says "FP received". Or they give FPs and CSC receives clearance the same day, while updating the web site a month later (happened to happen to me).